Gareth

SAILING UPDATES: 2018 Latest News

Yes, that’s Barfleur’s usual problem at Poole - being pinned onto the quay and not having sufficient thrust to get off.  They did well to get her away when they did.

• Like 1

Looks like tonights sailing to Le havre is back on as its back in the timetable and been taken off the sailing updates page.

• Like 1

Very confusing at the moment,Iam booked on the cap from Portsmouth to bilbao 11/11/2018 at 10-30pm bf say it is running a normal service but when you look and see where the cap is in the biscay .there is no way it is going to be anywhere near eta in sántander,yet bf are not telling anyone what sort of delay we can expect tomorrow night sailing from Portsmouth because a village idiot can see it is going to be nowhere near it departing time.

Just to try to make sense of all the updates.  All but one of the sailings listed relate to BDS.  The 0845 departures from Portsmouth and the 1715 departures from Santander are all BDS.

The only entry relating to CF is the second one in Tony’s list.  Her departure from Santander today at 2030 is listed as “delayed” but with no further information.  This means they don’t yet know the extent of the delay and will update when they do.

The knock-on consequence for CF will be tomorrow evening’s departure from Portsmouth (the one nodwad is booked on), which is the two-nighter to Bilbao via Roscoff on Monday morning.  This departure will almost certainly be subject to some delay, but I suspect they are holding off posting anything yet, for two reasons - 1, they don’t yet know how late she will be leaving Santander today, and 2, they don’t yet know how much time she will be able to make up en route.  I suspect they will give an update on this sailing when they know more, which will probably be when CF has left Santander later today.  Whatever happens with CF’s departure time from Portsmouth, I suspect they will be confident that she will arrive on time in Bilbao on Tuesday morning.

Hope that helps.

40 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Just to try to make sense of all the updates.  All but one of the sailings listed relate to BDS.  The 0845 departures from Portsmouth and the 1715 departures from Santander are all BDS.

The only entry relating to CF is the second one in Tony’s list.  Her departure from Santander today at 2030 is listed as “delayed” but with no further information.  This means they don’t yet know the extent of the delay and will update when they do.

The knock-on consequence for CF will be tomorrow evening’s departure from Portsmouth (the one nodwad is booked on), which is the two-nighter to Bilbao via Roscoff on Monday morning.  This departure will almost certainly be subject to some delay, but I suspect they are holding off posting anything yet, for two reasons - 1, they don’t yet know how late she will be leaving Santander today, and 2, they don’t yet know how much time she will be able to make up en route.  I suspect they will give an update on this sailing when they know more, which will probably be when CF has left Santander later today.  Whatever happens with CF’s departure time from Portsmouth, I suspect they will be confident that she will arrive on time in Bilbao on Tuesday morning.

Hope that helps.

Eases the mind a bit don't want to drive through France unless a last resort.fingers crossed it is in the hands of Neptune.

34 minutes ago, nodwad said:

Eases the mind a bit don't want to drive through France unless a last resort.fingers crossed it is in the hands of Neptune.

Based on where she is at the moment, I’d estimate that CF will be 3 or 4 hours late getting into Santander this afternoon.

That was my thinking,if the weather improves she may be able to catch a little bit but not 2/4 hours.just wonder when she does leave Portsmouth whatever time it is going to be ,she will miss out her crew change over in roscoff to catch up all the lost time.

She’ll still call at Roscoff.  But then the chance to catch up time will be on the Roscoff-Bilbao leg.  This is normally scheduled for about 20 hours but is doable in about 13-14.

Thanks for the update,just had a e mail off bf stating latest sailing time is 10-30 sunday night,yet there is no chance  of that happening.has trump says false news.

Nodwad,  I genuinely wish you well.  At the moment Cap Finistere is heading south across Biscay where the shipping forecast says the sea state is "Rough or very rough, occasionally high" . I am glad I am not on board. Be thankful for any delay while things settle down. I hope things go well for you. Please let us know. 

• Like 1

She’s also making 22 knots, so can’t be too bad.

Agreed, hope all goes well for nodwad’s crossing.  Uncertainty about if/when your ship is going to sail is horrible.

Latest check-in for 'Cap Finistere' is 22:00 local time, so I'm guessing a 23:00/23:30 departure from Santander. Although I can not see her arriving until that time.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

We are on the cap or should I say early tomorrow morning,,just pleased it is sailing and not cancelled.no need to leave home to later in the day.it does not say what time it is going to sail but we can live with that.it must have been very rough over the past few days in the biscay for the cap to be running this late.always found the best in the fleet for rough crossings,

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, nodwad said:

We are on the cap or should I say early tomorrow morning,,just pleased it is sailing and not cancelled.no need to leave home to later in the day.it does not say what time it is going to sail but we can live with that.it must have been very rough over the past few days in the biscay for the cap to be running this late.always found the best in the fleet for rough crossings,

According to the Ferry Port, the current departure of 'Cap Finistere' from Portsmouth tonight is 02:45 @nodwad

14 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

According to the Ferry Port, the current departure of 'Cap Finistere' from Portsmouth tonight is 02:45 @nodwad

Thank you the update, the the text I got was saying at least four and a half hours late.any gain is good.

Sitting in ferry car park in a wet and windswept Portsmouth.we have had no news on when ferry will be sailing  but looking on the fleet finder still a way off yet.not bothered about it we got down here ok but very very heavy traffic for most of the way down from the north east.thanks to all who kept me informed about the delays etc.

Currently shown as passing Bembridge at 10:50pm so should dock in an hour or so. Very sorry to hear you are stuck in Portsmouth waiting. Looks like you will have a couple of hours at least before boarding. Not the best start to your trip especially after the long haul down from the North East.

Hope things improve once you finally get on board. I'm sure BF are doing what they can to alleviate the situation.

Best wishes for your crossing, just shows there is a great online community here who im sure will also be keeping a watchful eye of your journey onboard the cap. 

• Like 1

Due to the departure of the 'USS Gunston Hall', the arrival of 'Normandie' into Portsmouth today (Sunday) has been delayed until 14:00. The departure from Portsmouth this afternoon is now scheduled for 15:30.