Gareth

SAILING UPDATES: 2018 Latest News

The word around work and Portsmouth Harbour is that the Aircraft Carrier 'HMS Queen Elizabeth' is currently due to arrive back in Portsmouth this coming Monday (10th December) at around 15:00 local time (Subject to change). It is possible that it may affect the departure of 'Mont St Michel' at 14:45 from Portsmouth.

1 hour ago, cvabishop said:

Now confirmed that planned entry is 13:20 on Monday 10th.

Does anyone know roughly how long she'll be in Portsmouth for?

Does anyone know roughly how long she'll be in Portsmouth for?

A while I would think. I read recently that she is due to have her close in weapons systems fitted.

Okay thanks, I'm just wondering if I might get a glimpse of her when I'm in Portsmouth at the end of the month you see ;) 

Still docking around 15:00 as she will be turned in the north of the harbour before going alongside. She'll be in for a while, then it's rumoured she'll be going to the Arctic. LOLOLOLOL

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/hms-queen-elizabeth-to-sail-for-arctic-to-support-secretive-air-transport-mission/?fbclid=IwAR3VHRsEXLbUB3wX2AnaGy86ABndrolBVPKNTZD_0bTPKneeY93SphLhlEo

Edited by TonyMWeaver

6 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Still docking around 15:00 as she will be turned in the north of the harbour before going alongside. She'll be in for a while, then it's rumoured she'll be going to the Arctic. LOLOLOLOL

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/hms-queen-elizabeth-to-sail-for-arctic-to-support-secretive-air-transport-mission/?fbclid=IwAR3VHRsEXLbUB3wX2AnaGy86ABndrolBVPKNTZD_0bTPKneeY93SphLhlEo

Sounds like logistical support for a rather large man in a red coat who has a sleigh pulled by reindeer!  (He is real, isn't he?)

11 minutes ago, merc said:

Sounds like logistical support for a rather large man in a red coat who has a sleigh pulled by reindeer!  (He is real, isn't he?)

You doubt???????????🤔

Putin the man with the world beating aircraft carries who has to have tugs and numerous other ships just to keep her going at a sedate speed.the Russian aircraft carrier is also bigger so a bigger target then QE is with all of the black smoke coming out of her you don't need radar to see where she is.i know which carrier I would rather be on target or no target I would take my chances on the QE carrier than that old rust bucket.

I don't think we should look to closely at individual warships reliability or someone might point at our latest destroyers and titter.....

Rhys

17 hours ago, nodwad said:

Putin the man with the world beating aircraft carries who has to have tugs and numerous other ships just to keep her goincinlea sedate speed.the Russian aircraft carrier is also bigger so a bigger target then QE is with all of the black smoke coming out of her you don't need radar to see where she is.i know which carrier I would rather be on target or no target I would take my chances on the QE carrier than that old rust bucket.

My brother had a spell on the old Invincible - they were told they had a life expectancy of 12 minutes should WW3 ever kick off!

5 minutes ago, nottingham said:

My brother had a spell on the old Invincible - they were told they had a life expectancy of 12 minutes should WW3 ever kick off!

Reminds me of the story related to me by one of my old bosses, an ex RAF Jaguar pilot. Doing the conversion from the Hunters he was told their job was to deliver nuclear bombs over Russia. Quick calculation on the back of a fag packet told them the Jag didnt have the range to get back (days before inflight re fuelling).Then they were told `you wont be coming back`...

it looks like The MSM is also heading to Cherbourg also going by her course she is taking leaving Portsmouth.

So i would say Caen is blocked again.

Yeah Cherbourg is packed at the moment I don't know how there are going to fit MSM and normandie in with three other vessels in port too

I don't know why Oscar Wilde is still there. She should have left on Friday afternoon according to the timetable. Perhaps because of the weather, but at least she's not on a linkspan. It should not take them long to turn Normandie around but they may have to move Armorique off her berth first. Whether she'll be gone by the time MSM turns up depends on how long they have to wait for people (and foot passengers in buses) to make it up the road from Ouistreham. Ed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I don't know why Oscar Wilde is still there. She should have left on Friday afternoon according to the timetable. Perhaps because of the weather, but at least she's not on a linkspan. It should not take them long to turn Normandie around but they may have to move Armorique off her berth first. Whether she'll be gone by the time MSM turns up depends on how long they have to wait for people (and foot passengers in buses) to make it up the road from Ouistreham. Ed. 

OW sailing on Friday was Cancelled.

she is due to leave tomorrow afternoon.

• Thanks 1