Gareth

SAILING UPDATES: 2018 Latest News

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

The 2300 from Ouistreham is now showing as 1h45m delayed, as expected.

Might be something that I’m imagining, but it appears to me that Normandie has experienced far more difficulty than MSM keeping to schedule over the past few months, especially in bad weather.  Sign of her age?

Quite possibly, but still, it's layover day tomorrow. She'll be back on schedule hopefully.

I get the impression berth 4 at Portsmouth must be out of action at the moment.  Both Normandie and MSM have been using 3 today, pushing Etretat onto 2.

40 minutes ago, Gareth said:

I get the impression berth 4 at Portsmouth must be out of action at the moment.  Both Normandie and MSM have been using 3 today, pushing Etretat onto 2.

Aren't Ravestein supposed to be rebuilding it?

I've just received a text from BF saying that the Blandford Road is closed tomorrow morning.Can anyone tell me if it is just south of the A35 ,otherwise I will have to drive via Wimborne from Blandford.

8 minutes ago, imprimerie said:

I've just received a text from BF saying that the Blandford Road is closed tomorrow morning.Can anyone tell me if it is just south of the A35 ,otherwise I will have to drive via Wimborne from Blandford.

http://www.poole.gov.uk/transport-and-streets/roads-highways-and-pavements/blandford-road-resurfacing-challenge-fund/

This might help.

• Like 1

It would appear that, for the first time this year, all BF sailings are now operating to schedule.  Well done BF for getting through Eleanor successfully!

3 hours ago, Gareth said:

It would appear that, for the first time this year, all BF sailings are now operating to schedule.  Well done BF for getting through Eleanor successfully!

I think you might of spoken too soon.... 

• Like 1

Indeed, was just about to post....one of the more unusual timetable alterations.  Armorique’s 2200 from Plymouth to Roscoff tomorrow is diverted directly to Ouistreham.

The original plan was to go to Roscoff and then sail light to Ouistreham, but the weather means they clearly want to get her to Ouistreham early.

(All this, obviously, so that Armorique is in position to take up service on Portsmouth-Caen on Monday).

So....there is now a unique opportunity, to undertake a passenger-carrying voyage from Plymouth to Caen.  Wish I was free! 😉

I just tried to go through the booking engine to see if you can book it, but it is showing as “sailing full”.  So they have closed it to new bookings.

Yes Ed, it’s not a diversion that has been arranged with customer interest in mind.  It’s purely logistic to ensure Armorique is in the right place for the week ahead.

7 minutes ago, Gareth said:

it is showing as “sailing full”.  

Probably just as well. If all of us on here decided to book purely for the novelty factor they'd have to put on a whole fleet of coaches to get us back to Roscoff. Ed

Barfleur has had a tug attached to her for the past hour.  Must be holding her in place, just checked my Facebook and there was an AIS screenshot of her with a tug next to her and it is still there now, only just  screenshotted this image.  Must be pretty windy over there so tonight’s crossing will be interesting!

1F24367E-851C-48B5-8C66-66E863EF6EEA.png

Barfleur just left Cherbourg now a short while ago, Stena Horizon is not far behind.

Edited by Khaines

'Cap Finistere' is running approximately 3 hours behind schedule, now due to arrive in Portsmouth at 22:45 this evening. This obviously has delayed tonight's sailing to Bilbao (via Roscoff) which is now due to depart Portsmouth at around 01:00-01:30.

The coming two Mondays (15th and 22nd) CF will be calling at Brest and not Roscoff on her way down to Spain. As there is no service to Plymouth at the moment, does this mean that Roscoff is fully closed to traffic and are they perhaps doing some maintenance or building work in the port area? Ed

30 minutes ago, colin said:

I believe I heard talk of some overdue dredging?

Really?  Interesting - I thought the bottom of Roscoff harbour was rock.  But maybe the ferry berth has silted then?

28 minutes ago, TerryDorset said:

Sitting in Roscoff at the moment on board CF. I notice the usual depth meters aren't working, so maybe some works are on the cards.

Yes, maybe they have been disconnected.  Any sign of a dredger around?

25 minutes ago, TerryDorset said:

Didn't see one.

There is nothing on Marine Traffic in the area for now that could be a dredger. However it could be they are just using a tracked digger on one barge to lift the silt out and dump it in another barge. There were several landingship-style craft moored on the Ile de Batz the last time I was there a couple of years ago that would be able to carry such a digger. Ed

Portsmouth/Le Havre Cancellation!

This is due to the late departure of 'Baie de Seine' from Santander - Now scheduled for Thursday evening at 22:00

Capture.JPG

Edited by TonyMWeaver