Gareth

SAILING UPDATES: 2018 Latest News

Our 2019 sailings will be on sale tomorrow

Bonjour,

We are pleased to confirm that you'll be able to book sailings for this winter as well as summer 2019 from tomorrow at 11:30am.

So whether you are thinking of France or Spain; winter, spring or summer; or a mixture of them all you don't have long to wait until you can book.

We'll also send you another email once our systems open so that you have ample opportunity to select the best sailings.

À demain!

The Club Voyage Team

spacer.gif
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, with the timetables coming out tomorrow and what has been happening at the shipyard in Germany, is anyone interesting in predicting the date of entry BF will announce for Honfleur next year? It was originally touted as being June. Perhaps we (or those interested) could each pick a date (there are 30 options) and if anyone gets it exactly right BFE tries to use its contacts to get the winner onboard the first sailing or press visit. And just in case we discover tomorrow that it's not June after all, we could also each pick a reserve date for later in the year. Ed

• Like 1

We could also pick a month next year for the Yeats to arrive!

Edited by Solo

1 minute ago, Solo said:

We could also pick a month next year for the Yeats to arrive!

Now, now! She'll be along in a jiffy, you'll see. 😀 Ed. 

I’m sailing on June 14th so hopefully then , although I will be quite happy to sail on MSM instead.

i reckon she will enter service during crew change so the old crew goes off and the new crew go on the new vessel or it will be like when the route has refit cover 

34 minutes ago, Aiden said:

i reckon she will enter service during crew change so the old crew goes off and the new crew go on the new vessel or it will be like when the route has refit cover 

My thoughts (and perhaps David's) too which is why I went for a Wednesday. What would be great is if she were ready for Wednesday 5th June then they could use her to bring veterans and their families across overnight for the D-day 75th commemorations which I guess will be held on each of the five beaches sometime early on the morning of the 6th. Ed 

There is a delay of approximately 2hr 45mins on the Portsmouth/Caen route for 'Mont St Michel' due to an earlier medical evacuation. Arrival into Portsmouth today (Saturday 4th) now expected at 16:00, with departure now due at 17:30.

'Pont-Aven' is currently running approximately 1 hour behind schedule.

UPDATE | We're sorry to advise that, due to a technical problem, the sailing from Plymouth to Roscoff (12/08/18) has been delayed. Last check-in will now be 09:30 departing around 10:30. Arrival is expected at 17:00. We're sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Edited by neilcvx

Three sailings affected in all.  1500 ex-Plymouth today, 2300 ex-Roscoff today and 0800 ex-Plymouth tomorrow.  So all Armorique.

9 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Three sailings affected in all.  1500 ex-Plymouth today, 2300 ex-Roscoff today and 0800 ex-Plymouth tomorrow.  So all Armorique.

Unusual for her, peak season though she’s worked hard.

Typical that the overnight sailing last night was the only one of the week that's north bound instead of south bound otherwise she'd be back on schedule now. Even with a scheduled slightly later afternoon crossing from Roscoff this afternoon she'll be behind until the afternoon sailing from Roscoff tomorrow now as there's not really enough opportunity to make up time until then. 

Anyone know what the problem was? 

Edited by Richie

"Typical" as in bad luck that it was at this point in the weekly schedule. As I said, any other day and the overnight crossing is southbound giving plenty of time to get back to schedule. 

Not intended as a slur. 

Edited by Richie

This afternoon’s departure from Roscoff and this evening’s from Plymouth must surely also be affected, although there’s nothing on the sailings update page about them yet.

After that, she should be ableto get back to normal tomorrow (assuming the problem, whatever it was, is fixed).

As Richie says, it would be interesting to know what the problem was.

According to sailing updates the revised departure time from Plymouth this morning was 10.30am...Armorique just reversing out of Millbay now...11.15.

Edited by Richie

There was in the end no delay to Bretagne today as was forecast on the Brittany website as she passed QE at 17-15 and was berthed before the carrier move was started at 18-00.

• Like 1

Mont St Michel is being taken out of service for a week, commencing 11th September, due to a technical problem and will be going to dry dock in Brest. Normandie Express will have it’s season extended and will be operating additional sailings in her abscence. 

I wonder if she snagged any debris left behind by Normandie when her thruster fell off?