SAILING UPDATES: 2018 Latest News

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my pics of pont aven and armourique   

For all al the stick she gets, Armorique is a very handy member of the fleet for BF.

I was on the Pont Aven from Roscoff  to Plymouth yesterday morning (having also arrived on her from Cork) - there was a technical issue and also an electrical issue (stopped serving any hot breakfasts

Posted Images

Condor are saying the same thing. A 24-hour strike on Saturday:

PREAVIS DE GREVE SAMEDI 06 OCTOBRE 2018

Un préavis de grève de 24 heures a été déposé par les agents portuaires de la C.C.I. de St Malo pour le samedi 06 octobre 2018. Tous les services au départ et à destination de St Malo sont susceptibles d'être annulés.

Tous les passagers concernés seront contactés par téléphone et par SMS.

Pour toute information complémentaire, merci d'appeler le 0033299407810.

Nous sommes sincèrement désolés pour la gêne occasionnée.

I had planned to go over to Jersey for the weekend but decided against it due to the forecast. Just as well! 

Ed

56 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

The next sailing for 'Mont St Michel' is likely to be 23:00 from Ouistreham on Monday evening. 'Normandie' sailing from Cherbourg in the meantime.

I hope so, I am due to be on MSM in a week’s time, however I imagine if it takes a lot longer we will get the Amorique and complaints from Devon.

14 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

The next sailing for 'Mont St Michel' is likely to be 23:00 from Ouistreham on Monday evening. 'Normandie' sailing from Cherbourg in the meantime.

I note that the Etretat will be able to do the 23:00 tonight from Le Havre as it is returning this afternoon and will need to leave the port before the strike.

If MSM is not fixed today, they may have to move her to an Anchorage with Tugs to allow access to Ouisterham tomorrow as Cherbourg and Le Havre will be out of action.

Edited by David Williams

getting worse

08/10/18 - Portsmouth to Caen 08:15 - This sailing has been DIVERTED to CHERBOURG.

08/10/18 Portsmouth to Caen 14:45 - This sailing has been CANCELLED.

08/10/18 Caen to Portsmouth 16:30 - This sailing will DEPART from CHERBOURG.

08/10/18 Caen to Portsmouth 23:00 - This sailing has been CANCELLED.

09/10/18 Portsmouth to Caen 08:15 - This sailing has been CANCELLED.

Been quite a problematic year for the Caen route, in lots of ways.  Normandie’s bow thruster, MSM’s ad hoc dry docking, more problems with MSM, strikes, the problems in Ouistreham itself.  Bet BF is looking forward to a smoother year next year - and that, of course, all depends on a punctual delivery for Honfleur.

11 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Been quite a problematic year for the Caen route, in lots of ways.  Normandie’s bow thruster, MSM’s ad hoc dry docking, more problems with MSM, strikes, the problems in Ouistreham itself.  Bet BF is looking forward to a smoother year next year - and that, of course, all depends on a punctual delivery for Honfleur.

Tomorrow is going to be very grim with Le Havre and Cherbourg on Strike and MSM still in trouble - I assume they will get her out of the way for the Normandie to dock tomorrow. I did ask on Twitter and BF say that MSM will be back to normal by the 10th.

Honfleur has so little chance of being on time - even the Alf Pollock which launched in May has only just done some sea trials and is back in dock and we don't mention the WB Yeats which is closer to the Honfleur where they did not seem to understand the safety regulations for large passenger ships !

Edited by David Williams
  • Gareth locked and unpinned this topic