News threads can only be replied to, not created.

SAILING UPDATES: 2018 Latest News

There is one empty links pan in between barfluer and armourique so if they can use that they will for normandie then get her off the berth for MSM then one of them will probably anchor of the breakwater until it's time to move on to Portsmouth or caen

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my pics of pont aven and armourique   

For all al the stick she gets, Armorique is a very handy member of the fleet for BF.

I was on the Pont Aven from Roscoff  to Plymouth yesterday morning (having also arrived on her from Cork) - there was a technical issue and also an electrical issue (stopped serving any hot breakfasts

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Aiden said:

Bf have just confirmed to me that there is a problem with one of NORMANDIES engines 

so MSM sailings are unaffected 

If that's the case then perhaps she's not able to dock in Ouistreham given the wind (like when her thruster was out of action and the tug had to be called out). At least Cherbourg is a little more sheltered within the breakwaters. Ed. 

Also with a engine own turning inside the port is nearly Impossible compared to Cherbourg where they can actually turn using the ruder than having one prop in forward and one in reverse I have seen it done before on NEX

2 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

There is also a small tug heading out of the port, possibly to meet her and the large ocean-going tug is out there too. Normandie is coming in through the western breakwater entrance. Ed. 

That was inevitable.  She will need a pilot, and pilots always take them in through the  wider, easier entrance.  Occasional BF visitors to Cherbourg always use the Western entrance.

4 minutes ago, Macc2010 said:

is The Arm not due to do a Poole run tomorrow?

Yeah a 6.30pm crossing to Poole. Plenty of time to go to Portsmouth and back to Caen then position for the Poole crossing, although depending on the time issue for Normandie it could be they cancel the Poole crossings.

acording to the timetables armourique is due to arrive in Portsmouth at 13:15 and has to be in Cherbourg to leave at 18:30 so that's 5 hours 15 minutes to get from Portsmouth to Cherbourg which from other sailings in the past is not possible to do it in that On my way! So they might cancel the first Cherbourg to Poole and start from Poole instead

4 minutes ago, Aiden said:

acording to the timetables armourique is due to arrive in Portsmouth at 13:15 and has to be in Cherbourg to leave at 18:30 so that's 5 hours 15 minutes to get from Portsmouth to Cherbourg which from other sailings in the past is not possible to do it in that On my way! So they might cancel the first Cherbourg to Poole and start from Poole instead

Yeah they have updated the timetables and I had not noticed. I think it will all depend on what specific issue Normandie has and how long its going to take. Currently the timetable says that she is operating from Portsmouth at 14.45 tomorrow, but that has to be doubtful. If it can be sorted quickly then may well return to service for the 11pm service tomorrow evening from Caen. Otherwise Armorique is likely to stay on the route and the Poole crossings will be cancelled and resume once Normandie returns.

Just now, neilcvx said:

@TonyMWeaver it’s an engine fault as was posted much earlier.

I didn't read all the comments up to that point, 'Armorique' must be sailing in ballast then? 'Mont St Michel' was never going to divert, she took that unusual route through the NAB Anchorage to Ouistreham because of the strong winds.

If Normandie’s problem isn’t sorted quickly, can they not keep Armorique on the Portsmouth run and whatever it is Barfleur is having done, can that not be postponed and she can be put back to work.  Is what she is having done something that cannot wait?  With Bretagne going into lay up, NEX obviously not available, and now possibly Normandie - cannot Barfleur’s work wait?

Just now, Khaines said:

If Normandie’s problem isn’t sorted quickly, can they not keep Armorique on the Portsmouth run and whatever it is Barfleur is having done, can that not be postponed and she can be put back to work.  Is what she is having done something that cannot wait?  With Bretagne going into lay up, NEX obviously not available, and now possibly Normandie - cannot Barfleur’s work wait?

Probably not, BF will probably just cancel all of Armorique's sailings from Poole if the problems continue with Normandie.

• Like 2
  • Gareth locked and unpinned this topic