Gareth

Cork to Santander Route to Launch in 2018

Admin

NEWS: The Official Press Release regarding the new Ireland - Spain route can be read here. 16/01/18

Message added by Admin

Found some pictures of her as Norman Asturius while she was at Poole and postedthem on Facebook this morning, so will share them here as well.   Taken from Barfleur.

3CB41B1A-2C52-4AB7-9B0E-E6BFC18DADC8.jpeg

854F0292-7DAA-4575-9236-1BB55A8CECDE.jpeg

Edited by Khaines
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

'MV Connemara' is moving to Astander Dique 2' tomorrow (Thursday) at 13:00.

Ah, I see Cote D'Albatre has left the yard and is now on the linkspan over at the fishing district.

A couple of days ago, I noticed in our little local southern France supermarket a brand of Irish Whisky called ‘Connemara’.

This won’t be a surprise I’m sure to our Irish members, but I wonder whether it’ll be on sale in the onboard shop? 😀

2 hours ago, Gardian said:

A couple of days ago, I noticed in our little local southern France supermarket a brand of Irish Whisky called ‘Connemara’.

This won’t be a surprise I’m sure to our Irish members, but I wonder whether it’ll be on sale in the onboard shop? 😀

The brand's website has the following information which I find slightly odd (even without the glaring grammatical error) :

Connemara is the most decorated Irish whiskey with a huge collection of Gold Medals and has been honoured as the “Worlds Best Irish Single Malt”. 

How many other countries are making Irish whiskey? 

Here is the site for anyone interested:

https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.kilbeggandistillingcompany.com/our-brands/connemara&ved=2ahUKEwje_f3iwdfaAhUtMewKHWX6A3MQFjABegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1LcZqiCK_wr7vQE_4-dkQi

Ed. 

Short video of 'MV Connemara' arriving at the Astander Shipyard in Santander on Thursday (26/04/18).

Credit: Jose Luis Diaz Campa.

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Thanks 1

She'll need to come off the linkspan for the Cap' tomorrow and possibly BDS before she heads to Cork on Sunday.

Funnel now white with BF logo.  Standard 'Brittany Ferries' on hull side but lower half of hulll still red.  

3 hours ago, jonno said:

She'll need to come off the linkspan for the Cap' tomorrow and possibly BDS before she heads to Cork on Sunday.

Sunday's sailing is now showing as cancelled on the sailing updates page..UK one.  

10 minutes ago, GeoffHamer said:

The first sailing still advertised for the CONNEMARA is from Cork to Roscoff on 7 May.

Showing on the Port of Cork website as arriving ex Santander on 07.00 on Monday 7th May

The Santander to Cork sailing at 12:00 on 6/5/18 has been cancelled due to 'Operational Reasons'. According to the schedule in Santander,  she'll leave the berth this afternoon to allow the 'Cap Finistere' to use the berth, returning once she's left. 'Connemara' still due to leave on Sunday at 12:00.

Edited by TonyMWeaver