Condor Ferries - Website

They seem to issue an update on a yearly basis now. I hope this iteration has all the bugs removed. On my phone it was impossible to see a cumulated price for a trip until you had logged in and gone through all the identification and contact details to get to the payment summary page. Ed

It's very clear and logical in the early stages of choosing a crossing, despite all of the clutter about shopping. But a big issue is not having a cumulative total of the cost after all of the extras, until you after have entered all of your personal details. I was just looking to see if there was an attractive alternative for my next trip to St Malo, but abandoned my "just looking" at this point. Although the revised website is generally good, I think Condor have missed a trick here.

• Like 1

Another problem with it, which was also a problem with the previous one, is that the link to "timetables" doesn't actually give you the timetables!  Condor seems to think that people are stupid and can only cope with being told what sailings are available on a particular day that you have to specify.  The ability to take an overview of the whole timetable so that you can plan an itinerary knowing all the possibilities available is something that Condor doesn't seem to think people are capable of.  Either that, or they have some hidden agenda that requires them to keep their timetables secret.

4 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Either that, or they have some hidden agenda that requires them to keep their timetables secret.

Aren't their timetables only advisory anyway? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

They had a new sites not so long ago - a complete re-design if I recall correctly. They should spend less on that and more on ship-maintenance ;)

I don’t bother with website timetables, I go round the port and book.  I use websites for sailing updates, but prefer to walk into an office and speak to a human being.  Failing that, pick up the phone.  Luckily, because I live near the port, the option of just popping round is open to me.  Depending on being able to walk across the bridge that is...😄. Enjoy the stroll round anyway.

3 hours ago, Khaines said:

I don’t bother with website timetables, I go round the port and book.  I use websites for sailing updates, but prefer to walk into an office and speak to a human being.  Failing that, pick up the phone.  Luckily, because I live near the port, the option of just popping round is open to me.  Depending on being able to walk across the bridge that is...😄. Enjoy the stroll round anyway.

I had a little look last night - you cannot view the 'timetables, you have to keep putting dates in until you hit on a travel date when there is a sailing (say) which goes through to St Malo, and therefore can't select a particular ship either.  Quite log winded - I wanted to compare cost with BF sailings, thinking it might be cheaper using their day crossing.  Very long winded to get the ship you want!

17 minutes ago, nottingham said:

I had a little look last night - you cannot view the 'timetables, you have to keep putting dates in until you hit on a travel date when there is a sailing (say) which goes through to St Malo, and therefore can't select a particular ship either.  Quite log winded - I wanted to compare cost with BF sailings, thinking it might be cheaper using their day crossing.  Very long winded to get the ship you want!

Long-winded is one description.  Not fit for purpose (the website) is another!

That lack of timetables is a bit of a backward step given that the sailing times change so often due to the tides. With BF the times are generally constant from one day or week to the next but Condor's change on a daily basis. As Nottingham says it's going to make life  difficult when comparing options and prices. Ed. 

Guaranteed to put me off even considering using them (not being able to see the timetables).  Without that information I wouldn’t even entertain trying to plan a journey with them.

Indeed - but that’s useless Jonno.  I would want to know the timetables before setting my date.  The date would depend on the timetables.  What you get when you click on that button marked “timetables”’is not remotely what I would call a timetable.

I like the new Condor website a lot - a great improvement. The information on the fleet and onboard facilities is much improved, and I now see they've even uploaded a deck plan of the Clipper. However, the lack of timetables for the year ahead is not so good. That really needs to be brought back if at all possible.

I agree Nick. White text on a dark background looks so much better and is far easier to read. On a PC the site comes across as clean, uncluttered and well laid out with large buttons for those essential services and very little trouble finding the link you want (timetables aside). However, on a smartphone it all gets stretched out down the page and, in my opinion, doesn't come across as well. I notice the booking engine is in fact the same as before, and it's just the home and information/promotion pages which have really changed. Ed

17 hours ago, Khaines said:

Heard they are going to put the timetables up this week.

In response to us? ;):)

16 hours ago, Gareth said:

In response to us? ;):)

😄 - and the grief they have been getting elsewhere online too I guess!!😄

Probably were going to do it anyway - would have saved themselves a lot of grief by putting proper timetables up before advertising their new look website...  Me personally, as I havesaid before, I usually go round the port and ask when Libby is shifting herself - never know with her.