Jump to content

Club Voyage


Recommended Posts

I doubt it as the discounts seem to be limited to travel between the two countries named. However, with this new ferry direct from Ireland to Spain and a more regular service between France and Ireland perhaps it's time for BF to rethink the entire scheme and introduce a single membership allowing people to travel on any of the services and get the same discounts. This would help to boost customer loyalty and encourage French people to visit Ireland and maybe even entice those in the southwest of the UK to travel to Ireland via Roscoff (rather than drive through Wales) if their final destination is the Cork area. Ed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Solo said:

Yes you do get benefits, we are booked to Spain in May on our French membership and says about using the on board benefits, 10% on food and Breakfast allowance.

That’s not my understanding of the scheme with my Spain membership I get the full monty on any UK-Spain trip on any UK-France trip I only receive 15%. On France-Ireland I get nothing. Same on Spain Ireland nothing.This I am told is because the only price available for this trip is euro. Patent nonsense. However having thought more on this I conclude that there is no Club Voyage Ireland (and no tab on the ie webpage) since up until next week there was just one trip per week for 6 months a year into Cork. When I have booked that sailing the price makes my eyes water. I truly thought that the Irish customers were being ripped off in comparison however again on reflection if BF alone was supporting the ro-ro infrasture that was a heavy burden on one sailing. I accept that on economie there is no food benefits but the prices should be cheaper anyway since there is no true buffet style restaurant.

Now there will be two sailings a week to Spain and two to France with two ships it is time for management open a Club Voyage Ireland and apply the same rules across all three or 4 (if you include Spain) countries. How do we raise this as a suggestion to senior management at BF?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps I should explain more John, with the French membership I got 10% on the booking but on the ticket it gives the full on board benefits.

Ed if it was all one club the price for the French section would have to jump up, the French sailings are a lot cheaper than Spain so you don't get as much discount, hence the Spanish membership costs more.  Must admit having one club would be better if you go to France and Spain but you only travel to France it would cost a lot more.

Edited by Solo
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Solo said:

Ed if it was all one club the price for the French section would have to jump up, the French sailings are a lot cheaper than Spain so you don't get as much discount, hence the Spanish membership costs more.  Must admit having one club would be better if you go to France and Spain but you only travel to France it would cost a lot more.

Possibly Solo but as just one trip to Spain (September) and travelling out on BDS's Economie sailing can put money in your pocket and cover the cost of both schemes BF may find that many travellers would welcome a 3rd option of a combined loyalty card even if it was a little more expensive.

I'd pay say £125 for a combined card.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly. Every country in the BF network now has at least 2 possible destinations for the first time so restricting your customers to a single choice no longer makes sense. To take one example : Someone living in Ulster may in the past have taken a ferry to Liverpool then driven down to Portsmouth to get a ferry to St Malo (using their club membership) before driving to Biarritz. They now have the option of a direct ferry to Spain from Eire saving a lot of driving and possibly money with a single crossing instead of two. It only makes sense to provide equivalent discounts across the network so they can configure the trip that best suits their needs and according to the availability of crossings. Ed

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jonno said:

Possibly Solo but as just one trip to Spain (September) and travelling out on BDS's Economie sailing can put money in your pocket and cover the cost of both schemes BF may find that many travellers would welcome a 3rd option of a combined loyalty card even if it was a little more expensive.

I'd pay say £125 for a combined card.

I think having a third option might be to confusing, I would suggest keeping the France card as it is but making another card that covers all routes.  This would mean that most people would use the France card with less benefit on the occasional Spain sailing and those regular users of other routes would pay more for a card that covers all routes.  Anyone in BF towers there's an idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

So don't you think, as I suggested above, that there should be just one club, priced the same for everyone, giving access to discounts on all the company's sailings no matter what the route? Ed

It seems to be a difficulty with sterling if customer services are to be believed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

So don't you think, as I suggested above, that there should be just one club, priced the same for everyone, giving access to discounts on all the company's sailings no matter what the route? Ed

I would not be concerned with differential pricing if the same rules applied to all departure and arrival ports. Perhaps a slightly cheaper club fee for France since it is about mid point and no food privileges for economie however it would require the establishment of a Club Voyage Ireland and a Club Voyage Spain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

So don't you think, as I suggested above, that there should be just one club, priced the same for everyone, giving access to discounts on all the company's sailings no matter what the route? Ed

Clearly you've never bought a train ticket in the UK. It's quite normal now to be charged different prices for two tickets on the same train to the same destination bought at the same time. I understand it's called called progress.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnMustow said:

It seems to be a difficulty with sterling if customer services are to be believed.

Don't see why as all the onboard checkouts take either currency.

Ed has illustrated on a number of occasions that French travel on BF is more expensive than it is for UK passengers, it's not a case of paying the equivalent exchange rate value. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

They just need to offer one 'club membership', available to anybody who wishes to join, and if the price is £170 or €200 (as that's the exchange rate BF decide to apply) then so be it. I'll pay in pounds but with a French bank card and my bank will debit my account for €195. I'll then be entitled to the full range of discounts across the network and on any eligible ship. Ed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 18:06, David Williams said:

I note that the CV membership fee will rise by £5 in March, however in the newsletter it said  'Our team is working hard to add more benefits for members to enjoy and I hope to be able to communicate those to you soon'

For a very small increase - Its still good value 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jack N said:

How about priority boarding if that would be at all feasible?

I believe it's coming from something I read on the BF Twitter page. A customer had raised the question and the person dealing with the enquiry said it was something they were actively looking at, plus priority disembarkation too. Ed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I believe it's coming from something I read on the BF Twitter page. A customer had raised the question and the person dealing with the enquiry said it was something they were actively looking at, plus priority disembarkation too. Ed. 

That’s a standard political reply when a politician hopes you forget about something,hopefully BF are more genuine.

Edited by neilcvx
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack N said:

How about priority boarding if that would be at all feasible?

Priority boarding is very complex, because of the varied configuration of ships, and different load priorities - such as hazardous cardo, animals travelling, or passenger mobility issues.

Also don't forget you can't have BOTH - priority embarkation AND disembarkation!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hf_uk said:

Priority boarding is very complex, because of the varied configuration of ships, and different load priorities - such as hazardous cardo, animals travelling, or passenger mobility issues.

Also don't forget you can't have BOTH - priority embarkation AND disembarkation!

I’m sure it’s feasible to have BOTH if you have a bow and stern loaded ship other ferry companies manage and they don’t use magic. (Although some of the current BF ships won’t allow it).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...