As far as I’m aware, the website menus are always generic exemplars Neil.  They are always based on menus that are currently active within the fleet, but there are always more menus currently active than the two exemplars posted on the website.  They rotate the 3 or 4 menus in current operation around on each ship for variety, but it’s the same selection of menus on all the ships that have a restaurant (with the exception of CF which has to have its own menu).  

So on any given crossing, the menu you get may or may not resemble one of the website exemplars.  The best one I ever had was never on the website.

• Like 1

I thought that might be the case , I will happily eat almost anything but the wife’s a bit fussier , I’m sure we won’t starve whatever is on offer and with early boarding on a quiet sailing should get a seat in Le Flora if we decide to eat there.

I am hoping Arm has a chicken curry on offer when I sail on her.  Had one on Barf and it was lovely so would love to try another, so hope she is serving that.  Albeit self service I remember seeing some lovely food, but I was more interested in the salad bar.  Remember looking at what others were eating.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, neilcvx said:

Do love a nice glass of red and a bowl from the salad bar when I’m on Armorique.

Yep, me too.  And nothing too heavy as we will have had a nice lunch in Roscoff first.  When you know the onboard eating options are limited it is not a problem to plan around them, and the salad bar hits the spot perfectly.

• Like 1

We used to get the overnight sailing on her so it was a late supper or on the Sunday morning sailing it was Brunch coming home it would be the early Sunday morning sailing on the Pont , I’m using the past tense as passport control and the road down past Birmingham mean we are unlikely to use Plymouth again.

• Sad 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone else find the Bretagne's Les Abers lunchtime menus difficult reading ?  

At dinner there are 2 menus displayed,  simple,  

but its a Pick and Mix offering for lunch with individual prices for starter and main, starter and dessert, main and dessert, main and a glass of wine and the Cheeses are shown in bold.

I'm not being a grumpy old man, honestly, and its good to be offered a choice, but my brain hurts with so many options.

• 1 month later...

I am not sure whether the self-service cafeteria has a published menu.  I think what’s on offer varies each day.  In terms of basic format, you’ll have a selection of salad plates, two or three hot dishes and a selection of desserts, but precisely what is in these will vary.

I didn't check the menu on Pont Aven last Friday, but not wanting a full meal went to self service and chose a large plate of crevettes with mayonnaise, some cheese, a fresh round bread roll, and a bottle of red wine. It was very good indeed and I slept so well in my small economy cell that breakfast next morning had to be a carry out in paper bags .

I always find that the cold dish selection is far more appetising than the cooked - although that in itself is not bad for a buffet.

Smoked salmon starter, then the plate of 10 jumbo prawns (also, nominally, a starter), followed by one or more of their delicious puddings. A feast fit for a Master Mariner (or King or whatever). And if you are really hungry - the cheese with a bread roll of indeterminate shape, although I am not convinced that the cheese is value for money. The rest most certainly is.

• Like 1