Sign in to follow this  
neilcvx

Menus

Does anyone know if there are links to the current menus being served onboard? The ones on the website seem to be generic ones not current ones unless I’m wrong.

As far as I’m aware, the website menus are always generic exemplars Neil.  They are always based on menus that are currently active within the fleet, but there are always more menus currently active than the two exemplars posted on the website.  They rotate the 3 or 4 menus in current operation around on each ship for variety, but it’s the same selection of menus on all the ships that have a restaurant (with the exception of CF which has to have its own menu).  

So on any given crossing, the menu you get may or may not resemble one of the website exemplars.  The best one I ever had was never on the website.

• Like 1

I thought that might be the case , I will happily eat almost anything but the wife’s a bit fussier , I’m sure we won’t starve whatever is on offer and with early boarding on a quiet sailing should get a seat in Le Flora if we decide to eat there.

I am hoping Arm has a chicken curry on offer when I sail on her.  Had one on Barf and it was lovely so would love to try another, so hope she is serving that.  Albeit self service I remember seeing some lovely food, but I was more interested in the salad bar.  Remember looking at what others were eating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neilcvx said:

Do love a nice glass of red and a bowl from the salad bar when I’m on Armorique.

Yep, me too.  And nothing too heavy as we will have had a nice lunch in Roscoff first.  When you know the onboard eating options are limited it is not a problem to plan around them, and the salad bar hits the spot perfectly.

• Like 1

We used to get the overnight sailing on her so it was a late supper or on the Sunday morning sailing it was Brunch coming home it would be the early Sunday morning sailing on the Pont , I’m using the past tense as passport control and the road down past Birmingham mean we are unlikely to use Plymouth again.

• Sad 1

Has the chocolate mousse been deleted from BFs menu range? On our last few trips none have been available.