Pansmiker

Cork Santander on Connemara

It mentions on the Cork BF site that some vehicles are carried on an open deck.

Salty sea air wouldn't do the alloy on a motorcycle much good especially the Friday night sailing which doesn't arrive until Sunday morning so 2 nights exposure.

Does anyone know if motorcycles are carried on this deck.

There’s a few BF ships that have open decks and I haven’t seen a bike on any of the ones I’ve traveled on, I would verify it with BF customer services if it’s of concern.

No where to tie a bike down on Etretats open deck.

33AFE350-D8C7-4C7D-A60B-FA6D6BBBC4B5.jpeg

Edited by neilcvx
  • Sad 1

I doubt they would put motorbikes on an outside deck area as they will probably need to chain or strap them down near a side-wall or an internal bulkhead, possibly with padding material between them. Ed

Travelled many times on the Etretat and seen many motorcycles loaded at Le Havre, never had any  on the open deck with the cars.

37 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

In awe!

I hope you haven't got too much on at the moment, Jim?! :)

Nope... I'm currently waiting on clearance to be able to take up a new role at work, which translates to 'currently walking the dog a lot and drinking tea by the bucket'.

I spent all afternoon working in the Cointreau distillery and they were busy cleaning out the stills at the end of the week when I arrived. The vapours are pretty strong so there may be an element of doping involved in the above result. :D Ed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cabin-boy said:

I spent all afternoon working in the Cointreau distillery and they were busy cleaning out the stills at the end of the week when I arrived. The vapours are pretty strong so there may be an element of doping involved in the above result. :D Ed

My quickest is 5.54, vape stick and Pizza Hut assisted.

2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

I just created another one using the same website to see how it works. Here it is for you to try. Unfortunately the website added a rather contentious watermark to the photo. I can't imagine how that happened! :D Ed

https://www.jigidi.com/solve.php?id=8N9OBEVW

It works fine, can you increase the amount of pieces?  A classic font used on the livery too!;)

6 hours ago, nottingham said:

Website asked if I was 18+ !! Was their adult content in 'Barfleur'?

Well either the photo was guaranteed to generate a lot of bad language due to the added word ;) or there is a woman sunbathing topless on deck O.o!

But, no in fact I simply forgot to tick the box to state that it was a photo suitable for all ages. Sorry! Ed