Sign in to follow this  
Khaines

Stena Baltica/Cotentin

Just been talking about Cotentin as Stena Baltica elsewhere on the net, as someone was asking where Cotentin was now, and I provided the above link.  Noticed that she now carries cars and passengers, (including footies it seems).  Pity BF didn’t have her carry cars and pax, especially to Cherbourg, when she was half empty a lot of the time.  See Stena say on their website that some cabins are shared bathrooms, so that seems to sit well with them too, it was one of the bones of contention about having pax use her cabins while she was here because they would be shared.

https://www.stenalinetravel.com/ferries/stena-baltica

Interesting. They all say "shared bathroom outside the cabin" but it seems to have a door inside... I guess these are like the crew bathrooms, so not so much outside, but ajoining two cabins?

And what is the difference between economy and comfort class? They look identical.

Interesting to see the pax limit - 176. That is a fairly decent ammount. I think that is actually quite a smart move by Stena... I would imagine that would cater for at least a good chunk of the demand in terms of passenger numbers...

I guess if she was full of freight though, then the drivers would use up most the cabins? Are there any recliners on her?

Edited by hf_uk

2 hours ago, hf_uk said:

And what is the difference between economy and comfort class? They look identical.

Stena has multiple websites and the others describe Comfort Class as "2 beds - ensuite bathroom including shower/toilet" so I  would assume that they are the few cabins that have their own bathroom. There were a couple of outside cabins and eight or so inside cabins.  I think there was also at least two cabins which didn't have bunks but two beds but these cabins shared the bathroom with the next standard cabin.

Stena need to update the pictures on their websites, Stena Baltica has been in two different full versions of the Stena livery since her plain white look.

2 hours ago, hf_uk said:

I guess if she was full of freight though, then the drivers would use up most the cabins? Are there any recliners on her?

There weren't any recliners when she was the Cotentin, she had a load of armchairs in the lounge area that were like the design McDonalds had in their 'McCafe' areas but as everyone had a cabin berth recliners weren't required.