Sign in to follow this  
G4rth

Condor future

Interesting.  I wonder if “no effect on operations” means “no adverse affect”.  Difficult to see how the selling company could give any undertakings of no change on behalf of puchasers, unless it was part of a “services will be guaranteeed to stay at at least current levels”.

At any rate, this has got to be tentatively good news.  Difficult to see how any new owner could possibly do a worse job than the current management.

2 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Interesting.  I wonder if “no effect on operations” means “no adverse affect”.  Difficult to see how the selling company could give any undertakings of no change on behalf of puchasers, unless it was part of a “services will be guaranteeed to stay at at least current levels”.

I imagine that if the company is sold as "a going concern" then the contract with the CI would remain in force. If the company assets are broken up then anything could happen. I suppose a lot depends if the current agreement is seen a bonus or millstone.

• Like 1

Been up for sale for ages.  No idea what the future holds.

Well, I hope they keep Libby, I would say and have said all her problems are down to whatever maintenance she has - the cats are working perfectly fine where they are, yet broke down all the time when they were here.  I like Libby, and do not want to see her go, but if she does so be it. 

Will another buyer invest in new vessels, doubt it.

1 hour ago, G4rth said:

Step forward Euroferries your time has come.😃 

Forgot about them...😂

Probably another pension or investment bank. Seems nowadays the only people who want to own ferry companies if not the State.

Done the rounds on Facebook, that...😄.  Clear the booze in the onboard shop and replace it with deodorants.  Have a quiet room with no kids allowed...😄