Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Catch the Tram

The 2 tram lines in Le Havre will take you through the city centre. The terminating point for both lines is 'La Plage' and is an ideal way to avoid the traffic jams which occur thanks to a less-than-perfect traffic system up by the beach.

I can only echo Jim’s post about using the tram systems.

In truth, the only one I really know about is down here in the south - Montpellier.  It’s a really nice city though and somewhere that some of you could well find yourselves close to this Summer.  Very modern on the outside, but untouched in the centre.  Nice place to visit.

I suspect that the routine is the same anywhere that has a tramway system.  Look out for something like ‘Parking Tramway’ and there’ll be a car park.  Take a ticket on entry and then stick it in to a machine before leaving - down here, you pay €4.90 & that covers your parking and round trip usage of the tram for however many occupants there are in your vehicule.  I think that there’s a theoretical maximum of 7 occupants!  A pretty good deal.

In Montpellier, the trams are every 5 mins or so, thus a fantastic service.  Fast, clean, cheap & efficient.

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 23:42, Gardian said:

I can only echo Jim’s post about using the tram systems.

In truth, the only one I really know about is down here in the south - Montpellier.  It’s a really nice city though and somewhere that some of you could well find yourselves close to this Summer.  Very modern on the outside, but untouched in the centre.  Nice place to visit.

I suspect that the routine is the same anywhere that has a tramway system.  Look out for something like ‘Parking Tramway’ and there’ll be a car park.  Take a ticket on entry and then stick it in to a machine before leaving - down here, you pay €4.90 & that covers your parking and round trip usage of the tram for however many occupants there are in your vehicule.  I think that there’s a theoretical maximum of 7 occupants!  A pretty good deal.

In Montpellier, the trams are every 5 mins or so, thus a fantastic service.  Fast, clean, cheap & efficient.

In Le Havre, a tram every 4 minutes.

With de tram network there is, a cliff railway, et suburban train et a good bus network. The entire public transport network is managed by the same company with the same pricing :

www.transports-lia.fr

For information, Brittany Ferries charters LiA (bus) for passenger service.