Andy

Ouistreham Disruption 11/12 March 2018

There are reports of unannounced strike action taking place in Ouistreham this morning 😕 Has anyone been affected?

As of just now, Armorique has still not sailed, so is running almost 2 hours late even if she sails now.

MSM course currently still as if heading to Ouistreham.  But I wouldn’t be surprised to see her change course for Cherbourg at any moment.

(Meanwhile....BF’s Sailings Update page states that, as of 9.43am, all sailings are running to schedule (which is slightly perverse, but shhhh, don’t tell Ed! 😉)

51 minutes ago, Gareth said:

MSM course currently still as if heading to Ouistreham.  But I wouldn’t be surprised to see her change course for Cherbourg at any moment.

(Meanwhile....BF’s Sailings Update page states that, as of 9.43am, all sailings are running to schedule (which is slightly perverse, but shhhh, don’t tell Ed! 😉)

I heard that. It's the last day of the half-term holidays here so not likely to go down well with some travellers. Ed. 

Today (Sunday 11th March 2018), the Ouistreham to Portsmouth sailing has been cancelled. It's believed the 'Armorique' has been blockaded in the port of Ouistreham.

'Mont St Michel' has been diverted to Cherbourg.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

Happened to me 2 years ago on the 'Armorique' in Ouistreham, exactly the same scenario. Trailer truck was driven onto the ramp, driver got out and walked off. Foot Passengers, like me, were put in taxis to Cherbourg for the night crossing on 'Normandie' Each taxi cost around €330.

The 16:30 Ouistreham to Portsmouth has also been cancelled, this should have been the diverted 'Mont St Michel' sailing from Cherbourg so I've no idea why that's been cancelled apart from the fact that MSM won't arrive in Cherbourg until 16:00.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

44 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

'Armorique' is on the move!

and seems to be heading to the anchorage, returning to Ouistreham in the morning.

2 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

He got the info from me.

Updates on the situation in the comments from customers onboard the ships.

3 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

Updates on the situation in the comments from customers onboard the ships.

and me, plus one other. Unfortunately comments are being removed. The passenger on board the ship was on 'Mont St Michel', there are no passengers on 'Armorique', only crew. 'Armorique' is cruising around and will return to Ouistreham in the morning.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

3 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

and me, plus one other. Unfortunately comments are being removed.

Your onboard? 

2 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

I would hope they are telling the affected passengers before you.

Of course they have, they do that via E-Mail & SMS which is taking time as there are not many staff in the office on Sundays. However, I've been requested not to post any info on my Facebook page until all passengers have been informed and cancellations have been confirmed. I am respecting their request.

• Like 1

So is Armorique heading to Portsmouth? Would be wise to keep her away from Ouistreham.

Edited by neilcvx

Might as well send her back to Plymouth, where she can be more usefully employed.  Release Bretagne to run a 2-ship St Malo service alongside Pont Aven to help people get to and from France whilst the Ouistreham fraternity decides it doesn’t want to play Ferries for the time being.

• Like 1