David Williams

Hunt the missing word

The ad is shown below, I have also seen comments linked to this saying that apart from the missing word, the kids are playing in sand.

DYHLOuLX4AEI_Iv.jpg

Edited by David Williams

7 minutes ago, David Williams said:

The ad is shown below, I have also seen comments linked to this saying that apart from the missing word, the kids are playing in sand.

DYHLOuLX4AEI_Iv.jpg

But are they respecting the minimum size rules for anything they catch or find in the rock pools and putting the undersized ones back? Ed. 

The ad is redeemed somewhat by the use of a great tagline "Pack your car and sail to France..". Certainly, one of the best taglines I've seen BF advertising use in quite some time. 

1 hour ago, zuludelta said:

The ad is redeemed somewhat by the use of a great tagline "Pack your car and sail to France..". Certainly, one of the best taglines I've seen BF advertising use in quite some time. 

It's not an industry known for its snappy slogans, is it? 

Here are some others. The Gosport ferry stands out for me and the Mudford ferry is nothing if not honest. 

https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.textart.ru/advertising/slogans/ferry2.html&ved=2ahUKEwiknKLu9-vZAhXjD8AKHV6wDUIQFjADegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2JI2T1vCYBNqX1WOe7KO7d

Ed

Edited by Cabin-boy

Ed, as per your link, most of those slogans are pretty woeful! For example,  "Fight the Pirates" by Speed Ferries does not "click" in your head when you read it first. And "Proud of our Routes" IoM Steam Pack Co. is a fairly weak pun.

"Pack your car and go to France" perfectly encapsulates the ease of ferry travel and includes the destination. It just clicks immediately.  

"Shorter by water" by Gosport ferries is not too bad at least it conveys some sort of an advantage.