Fran Collins is new CEO of Red Funnel

On 25/04/2018 at 10:04, Khaines said:

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/16182312.Red_Funnel_appoints_new_chief_executive/

Condor’s Captain Fran Collins is the new CEO of Red Funnel.  Lovely lady, have met her.  She is very pleasant and am sure she will do well, so wishing her the best of luck.  Met her on Libby.

Well it is big  blow  To condor Ferries and I am  surprise   Fran Collins is going to red Funnel 

las she work for condor  A decade  And she always side that condor Ferries was her   dna 

but think it’s  politics  And  it’s also the direction  That condor going  bad time ahead 

but then she maybe a she wanted a new  fresh start 

but then there is more to it  there  rumours  like condor  up for sale  and may 10 and one thing  my cousin in Jersey  Who is  A deputy  Got told she could of     Had a falling out   with management  but we never know 

one thing I do know is this from Captain  mark south  that  Condor  staff  were  shocked 

end of the day it’s goodluck to Fran at red Funnel at less they won’t be  short of  captains lol

56 minutes ago, smith85 said:

Well it is big  blow  To condor Ferries and I am  surprise   Fran Collins is going to red Funnel 

las she work for condor  A decade  And she always side that condor Ferries was her   dna 

but think it’s  politics  And  it’s also the direction  That condor going  bad time ahead 

but then she maybe a she wanted a new  fresh start 

but then there is more to it  there  rumours  like condor  up for sale  and may 10 and one thing  my cousin in Jersey  Who is  A deputy  Got told she could of     Had a falling out   with management  but we never know 

one thing I do know is this from Captain  mark south  that  Condor  staff  were  shocked 

end of the day it’s goodluck to Fran at red Funnel at less they won’t be  short of  captains lol

Red Funnel haven’t felt the same since James F left, so really great to hear about Fran.  No idea what is going on regarding ferry politics in Condor, and don’t really wish to make any guesses myself.  Ironic as James Fulford was CEO of Red Funnel and went to Condor, and Fran moving from Condor to be CEO of Red Funnel, though, albeit in different times.  

I think there are a lot of rumours circulating about Condor and no idea what to believe in what.  Same as when James F left, loads of speculation and rumour.  I think all we can do is wish Fran the best, I found her a very polite and decent person, just hope she is successful in her new role.  There are so many rumours about the sale of Condor going about, I am just going to bide my time and see what happens.

Was meant to book Libby and Barfleur up yesterday but a massive cock-up with something else in a shop messed that idea up and didn’t get round to it, so need to reschedule that one, was not in the mood to go round the port afterwards, was in a foul mood and best place for me was in Subway with a few coffees..😉

Condor Ferries appoints new Executive Director

200220680ab255cdba49b1b6b0f187e0_370x500

PROFILEFollowing the departure of Fran Collins to Red Funnel, where she will become CEO, Condor Ferries has announced that her position as Executive Director Operations will be taken by Captain Elwyn Dop as from 4 June.

Mr Dop joined Condor Ferries in 2017 and is a qualified Master Mariner with previous Operations Director level experience at Wightlink. His role will be to direct and oversee operational activities across the company’s fleet of four ships and five ports.

Commenting on the executive change, Paul Luxon, CEO of Condor Ferries, said: “Elwyn is well known to us through many years spent in a management role at Wightlink and more recently has provided consultancy to Condor through developing our safety regime and systems. He is far more than a safe pair of hands to help move the company forward and I am delighted to welcome him to the senior management team.

“We are sad though to see Fran leave after a stellar career with Condor but her opportunity at Red Funnel is a significant next step in her shipping sector career journey, which started with a six week placement at Condor back in 2002. Her depth of knowledge, professionalism and experience will stand her in good stead going forward, and we wish her well.”

© Shippax / VM / PR

• Like 1