I'm looking at booking a few days in France around Christmas returning from France on Boxing Day and I'm aware that the Winter timetable hasn't been released yet. Does anyone know from previous years if any routes operate on Boxing Day? Either Caen or Le Havre would be suitable.

Caen would be by far your best bet.  Normal service normally resumes on the Caen service with the 0830 ex-Caen on Boxing Day (and 1445 ex-Portsmouth).  So, if past practice is repeated, you should have a choice of all three normal departures from Caen.

Le Havre is less predictable.  There could be a departure from Le Havre on Boxing Day but I wouldn’t rely on it.

By good fortune, and for just such enquiries (!) I happened to document last year’s Christmas shutdown in this thread, and the referenced post gives details of the post-Christmas resumption 😀:

So, looks like there were options from both St Malo and Le Havre on Boxing Day 2017 in addition to Caen.

It is not usually until sometime during July (end of July last year) that the post-November schedules become available.  But I guess the message for the moment is, athough the precise details cannot be known, you can be confident enough that there will be options for you on Boxing Day that you can go ahead with your Christmas plans.  Caen at least, and quite possibly others too.  Hope that helps.