jamie

Ship information site

Can any one remember that site that was in Swedish that had pictures and information.

all I can remember is that began with fak?

it was similar to ferry-site

I think the owner was going to close it down a few years back, but it came back, just without as much updates. It was always good though for finding history/pics of a foreign/old ferry

• Like 1

Looks like Micke has had a falling out with someone; hopefully it will return. The last time there was an outage Shippax stepped in to support it.

I never thought FE8 looked right with a “proper” bow!

The only one of the quintet that survived with her original distinctive Townsend bow until her end was FE5.

23 hours ago, hhvferry said:

Randomly clicking on links to see if they worked brought me to this image by Pieter Inpijn which is on the Empress of Canada but not the FE8 page. A nice contrast. (With not much else to do for now a bit of ferry nostalgia whiles away the time).

https://web.archive.org/web/20170217063247/http://www.faktaomfartyg.se/apollon_1961_b_1.htm

apollon_1961_1.jpg

The ship my parents immigrated to Canada on. 

Anyway seems the dispute was over photos being used without credit.

The site was closed due to copyright issues, someone was taking the photos and passing them off as their own. It's believed that a litigation is pending.

22 hours ago, neilcvx said:

Anyway seems the dispute was over photos being used without credit.

39 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

The site was closed due to copyright issues, someone was taking the photos and passing them off as their own.

Snap! 😉

On 19/03/2020 at 10:11, TonyMWeaver said:

The site was closed due to copyright issues, someone was taking the photos and passing them off as their own. It's believed that a litigation is pending.

From what I've read, the initial matter was amicably resolved however it was some subsequent comments from a bystander which triggered the shut down. Micke, the site owner, is taking the opportunity to have a clear out and add some new photographs from a collection that has been shared with him before bringing it back.

Litigation or not - it does however go to show the importance of citing a source when sharing something from somewhere else!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1