BRETAGNE CABINS DECK 2

Have just booked an autumn break in September, outbound to St Malo on Friday 14th - choice of cabins was limited, booked us a large 2/4 berth and have been allocated 2602.  From the deck plan this looks to be 'in the bowels' and possibly not the easiest to access/find!  Anyone any comments or experience on these deck 2 cabins,  are they ok? (Not worried about lack of window, TV etc).  Thanks

Nicer having the tea and coffe etc, although I believe the lower deck cabins have TVs. We originally booked an outside 2 berth but didn’t like the idea of a cabin that near the bow so changed to a club.

Edited by neilcvx

We enjoyed a very peaceful night on Bretagne's deck 2 when we had a cabin there a couple of years ago, despite it being a Friday evening in peak season. 

I was almost disappointed by the lack of marine diesel rumblings.  I enjoy these as holiday lullaby.  When LNG takes over I'll miss them, though I imagine that I am in a minority on that one.

7 hours ago, veryoldbear said:

Look on the bright side: very few icebergs on the St Malo run.

No need - as Colin said, plenty of rocks and they have the added ability to conceal themselves by not floating! 😉

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Choucan said:

I was almost disappointed by the lack of marine diesel rumblings.  I enjoy these as holiday lullaby.  When LNG takes over I'll miss them, though I imagine that I am in a minority on that one.

Presumably there will just be a light hissing noise as someone opens the tap and then a roar each time the captain put his foot on the accelerator. Ed. 

My last 2 sailings on Bretagne have been with a cabin on deck 2 and most recently on deck 1.  Granted it's a bit of a rabbit warren down there when you first go down, navigating the maze of stairs (which can be a little steep).  There are some benefits to being down there, it's only a couple of flights down from the car deck and in return only a couple of flights up in the morning.  As others have mentioned, it's quiet and can be a smoother sailing in rougher seas.  In the corridors, there are a few watertight doors rather than the long, flat corridors further up.  Once in your cabin, it's much the same as any other 2/4 berth inside cabin up on the higher decks that you wouldn't notice the difference aside from the TV on the wall.

• Like 1

One of the best sleeps I've had on a ship was on Bretagnes deck 2. It's certainly a bit of a trek for food and the stairs are steep but so are all of her internal staircases. They're cosy and they're comfy.

• Like 2

It’s funny I mentioned to the wife that Bretagne had decks way down below the car decks and she said “Don’t ever book one of them I’m not sleeping that far down an a boat.” I guess there must be other folk like that, reverse vertigo or claustrophobia.

• Confused 1

I remember sailing to Norway years ago on Color Viking or the same ship as Jupiter I think, she had a large number of cabins below the waterline and the cinema too. 

Both Mariella and Pride of Bilbao have their sauna, gym, pool and jacuzzi down in the depths of the bow, they were great fun.

Oh how I do remember those golden years, I really miss my yellow budgie smugglers!O.o

• Like 1