Sign in to follow this  
SpecialK

Should I be worried?

I received the usual "bon voyage" email for our upcoming crossing on the Normandie and to avoid doing any real work, decided to look at the "discover your ferry" page.  There it informs me that she entered service in May 1992. So far so good, but then comes the following sentence:- The stunning exterior design of Normandie means that even as she approaches 20 years old; she still looks amongst the most modern in the fleet.

Does this mean that:-

a) somebody at BF towers is not very good at sums - hope it's not the navigating officer on our crossing

b) it is a very old webpage that nobody has thought to update

c) the proof reading is not as good as it could be.

I hope it's either b or c but either way, not very impressive. 

It may be the work of the same person whose job it is to update the French version of the sailings page. There is nothing to worry about. Breton calendars are still based on the old druid system and they only turn the page when they see a ray of sunlight, so slightly less frequently than the rest of us. Ed. 

Edited by Cabin-boy

4 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Breton calendars are still based on the old druid system and they only turn the page when they see a ray of sunlight, so slightly less frequently than the rest of us. Ed. 

Ed let's not forget that time isn't a constant, it's relative and can vary depending on your speed through space.

Usually we live in a three dimensional world with length width and height defining a location. Time provides us with an other coordinate, direction.

It's the direction of travel BF use which is the key... I mean you are a frequent traveller on BF, you maybe 97 years old but due to the Time direction you don't look a day over 31...

This is where Normandie's missing years have gone.

Comprendez?

• Thanks 1