Khaines

Condor Rapide in Cherbourg

Condor Rapide is out of the water in Cherbourg.  Am going over on Thursday so guess she will be still there to get a few shots of her.  Any reason why she is there?

Water jet maintenance. Liberation is replacing her until Friday with an amended timetable. I was on her yesterday and she seemed to be running fine but about 10 minutes late on each leg. It's been planned since April:

https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://guernseypress.com/news/2018/04/21/condor-revises-june-sailings-due-to-rapide-repair-work/&ved=2ahUKEwj79OLpi97bAhWE6xQKHdyTA2g4ChAWMAl6BAgHEAE&usg=AOvVaw1nvxQOV6UgaYuEO-vIzyFo

Ed

• Like 1

Here she is, got some more on the camera but the Apple card reader is in a drawer at home, so will upload later.  She looks like she is levitating!

F279AA09-5F0C-4B89-A30C-058945FB465A.jpeg

• Like 1

Thinking of sizes of ships that can be used on these lifts, the ship in the animation indicates a large cargo type vessel.  The one in Cherbourg seems quite small and I wonder if these, when installed, are specifically designed for certain types of vessel.  Only ever seen fast craft on the one in Cherbourg, I presume they use it for other vessels too.  I would like to see Liberation on it although is she to big, she normally goes for conventional dry docking in Falmouth.  That equipment must be quite expensive to install so I doubt it is for solely Rapide and NEX.

They use it for the Manche Ile Express high-speed ferries too. And I've seen a Wight Link ship up on blocks there too so it can be used for various types of ship. Ed. 

• Like 1