Sign in to follow this  
Paul

10/07/18 - Plymouth-Roscoff - 22:00 - Armorique

This year's route is one of the worst in a long time when it comes to allowing as many people as possible to get involved. I understand that there are certain mountain stages which are essential but the lobbying by certain towns seems to be getting out of hand now, and to the detriment of those unable to be on holiday at the time but who are able to get an afternoon off if needed. ☹️ Ed

Agreed.  For instance, the finish for stage 6, Mur-de-Bretagne, has been used three times since 2011. 

Part of stage 2 is similar to 2015, and the route for the team time trial around Cholet is very similar to the individual TT route in 2008

I might take my eldest Cabin-Kid down to watch the most northerly part of Stage 2 on the Sunday afternoon if the weather is good, but it's probably an hour's drive to Tiffauges and I could just stay at home and watch it on TV. Ed

I could watch it on TV, but having it only 5 minutes walk from 'home', I don't think it will ever be that close again, and with the atmosphere of it all as well, it was worth going over for.

In previous years, when I've seen it in the Vendee, I've always had to travel quite a distance.

• Like 1

We went to the finish in Paris a couple of years ago was a good day apart fr being wet and cold, would recommend going to see the finish.

We just happened to be in Paris last year for the finish. I am very proud of this picture - scrabbling to get the camera up in time (what with me having poorly elbow and wrists!) and pointing it vaguely in the direction that the noise was coming from.

P1010134.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rogerpatenall said:

We just happened to be in Paris last year for the finish. I am very proud of this picture - scrabbling to get the camera up in time (what with me having poorly elbow and wrists!) and pointing it vaguely in the direction that the noise was coming from.

P1010134.jpg

We were on the train to Rouen as the flew over the train shook was quite something.