mpwheatley

MSM Eateries opening times

I am travelling on the Mont St Michel in a couple of weeks on a Saturday night 23:00-06:45 Ouistreham to Portsmouth sailing.  Does anyone know if the a la carte or self service restaurants are still serving during the boarding for this crossing?  What time do they close?  Also is there a cafe open throughout the night and lastly (!) when do the restaurants open in the morning?

Apologies for so many questions but I have searched online for this info but BF don't post the opening times of their restaurants on their website.  I appreciate any help, thanks. 

From my experience (more often in mid- or low-season than high-summer) the following is generally true, but others will probably be able to clarify with more exact timings for MSM. Don't forget that any time shown on noticeboards is UK, and therefore ship's, time. 

On departure from Portsmouth the waiter-service restaurant will be closed but the self-service is likely to remain open for at least an hour for purchases but the actual dining area will be open longer. During the night the bar will remain open later but will also close at some point once the cabaret acts have finished. The self-service will open for breakfast at about the same time as the dreaded wake-up music begins and the waiter-service restaurant either at the same time or a few minutes later, but at least an hour before docking. The bar will also re-open for the new pre-booked breakfast option.

Ed

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

From my experience (more often in mid- or low-season than high-summer) the following is generally true, but others will probably be able to clarify with more exact timings for MSM. Don't forget that any time shown on noticeboards is UK, and therefore ship's, time. 

On departure from Portsmouth the waiter-service restaurant will be closed but the self-service is likely to remain open for at least an hour for purchases but the actual dining area will be open longer. During the night the bar will remain open later but will also close at some point once the cabaret acts have finished. The self-service will open for breakfast at about the same time as the dreaded wake-up music begins and the waiter-service restaurant either at the same time or a few minutes later, but at least an hour before docking. The bar will also re-open for the new pre-booked breakfast option.

Ed

That's really helpful, thanks very much for taking the time to provide me with such useful information.  Looks like I'll be eating before I board.

Probably a wise decision. There might well be a rush in the self-service on a Saturday night with people travelling back up through France. There are plenty of restaurants around Ouistreham. If you want to try something a bit further away there is a restaurant called La Belle Epoque in Cabourg. I ate there for lunch about 6 or 7 years ago and had a very nice meal. I then saw the restaurant on the French version of Kitchen Nightmares as it was having serious management problems even though the food was fine. I haven't had the chance to go back but my father ate there recently and said it was good. 

https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.labelleepoque-restaurant.fr/&ved=0ahUKEwj59NHygu3bAhVjIsAKHTrvBZMQ_BcISygDMAQ&usg=AOvVaw3TRWYl_uFTvCWopResdbmu

Ed