Jim

2018/2019 Xmas & New Year Cruises - Confirmed

Unfortunately (the inevitable consequence of messing paying customers around like that), there will be some who decide not to book for precisely that reason.

We experienced thecancellation when BF refused to be 'threatened' by the Union over wage demands. Sad to miss the Xmas cruise but we were handsomely compensated.

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 14:04, Jim said:

The PA has also been to Rotterdam in recent years if I recall correctly - but the bottom line is that 'cruising' is not BF's core business. There are other options, but it's not as easy as pitch-up and unload. Take, for example, this year's Antwerp trip which has customs implications both for the onboard retail shops but also the behind the scenes activities which will require different clearances, customs paperwork, security arrangements etc. Cruise lines are far more geared up for it operationally than a ferry company who go somewhere different twice a year.

Apologies to all not been posting on here for a while but yes I can see what you mean Jim and agree with you there.....just would be nice to see some other destinations....I guess I just get frustrated sometimes as I am pining for a BF NY Amsterdam trip!

I rang to enquire as to what cabins were available for the New Year's trip earlier and was told they only have inside or larger inside left, so if that's true then it sounds like it has been selling well so far. I'm waiting to see if any family members want to join me before I book anything, some are rather fussy about their cabins ;) 

I shall be on the New Year Cruise along with my Mum, Sister & Nephew. First New Year trip with BF, will be interesting to compare with DFDS...

• Like 2

Just out of interest, how long did it take in previous years to sail up to Rouen? I notice the arrival time in Honfleur is scheduled for 10.00hrs, with departure at 19.00hrs - so I presume Pont-Aven will be taking a very leisurely, long route across the Channel?

They used to deliberately time the passage so that the Seine was entered at Honfleur around breakfast time, with the journey up the Seine to Rouen taking place in daylight hours during the morning.  Arrival at Rouen would have been late morning/lunchtime.

• Like 1

I know some of you are keen,  but it looks to be priced at £600 for two of us to spend three nights in a Club class cabin - is that room only with all meals extra on top of that price?  I can get a jolly good hotel for well below £200 a night - probably with breakfast included.  Am I getting the figures wrong? 

2 minutes ago, wortley said:

I know some of you are keen,  but it looks to be priced at £600 for two of us to spend three nights in a Club class cabin - is that room only with all meals extra on top of that price?  I can get a jolly good hotel for well below £200 a night - probably with breakfast included.  Am I getting the figures wrong? 

They don't have anything other than Inside cabins left, on the New Year Cruise anyway, at least that's what I was told when I booked. So clearly there are people willing to pay...