Jim

2018/2019 Xmas & New Year Cruises - Confirmed

Have BF ever used Cap Finisterre for a cruise? With her speed she could be an alternative choice alongside Pont Aven? Although I guess she's required for Spanish duties if PA is away.

20 minutes ago, Tumnus2010 said:

Have BF ever used Cap Finisterre for a cruise? With her speed she could be an alternative choice alongside Pont Aven? Although I guess she's required for Spanish duties if PA is away.

She normally spends the holidays in Santander, perhaps they could run a mini cruise for the Spanish to the west coast of France perhaps.

Based on my experience to Honfleur, I'd happily book again for next NYE. I'd be more than happy with Rouen since I've never experienced the trip up the Seine. I thought BF did a great job and Pont-Aven suited her role as "cruise" ship perfectly; as I've said previously it was much more civilised than being ordered off the ship first thing each morning.

Would BF not have started planing for this Christmas and New year as into March now so would had though planing would be underway or is it a bit early?

On 06/03/2019 at 01:35, Macc2010 said:

Would BF not have started planing for this Christmas and New year as into March now so would had though planing would be underway or is it a bit early?

Planning, quite possibly - but as Tony says, last year they weren't confirmed to the public until June.

I'm sure we [Mr & Mrs W] aren't the only ones who would appreciate a Christmas – or New Year – cruise FROM France.

Maybe [CRUISE SHIP TBC] could do a [FRENCH PORT TBC] to Portsmouth the night before, with "through booking" pax able to retain their cabins?

OR a last leg from Portsmouth to France? That might make more sense, allowing flexibility for last minute shopping or family things in UK before the cruise departed?

I'm avoiding specifying ship or port to avoid being diverted into long running debates about, eg link span capacity or delivery date of new build, etc etc.

But would that be complicated for both the BF companies to be selling essentially the same product?

That presupposes that the destination isn't France. off course. If I want to go to Rouen I just jump on the bus – although I don't think the local boat company offers day trips up the Seine.

Any thoughts?

33 minutes ago, kenw said:

Any thoughts?

Mine are pretty much as previously posted.  I think there is something not quite right with the cruise experience if the destination is not somewhere that you need to take a ship to.  So, for the French market, that would mean a destination in the UK or Eire.  Which boils down to the London cruise I have advocated.  Or possibly Dublin or Liverpool.