Sign in to follow this  
neilcvx

Gites de France & Clevacances to merge.

It seems the two companies are getting closer to agreeing a merger to combat Airbnb , I’ve never used Airbnb but have used both Gites de France and Clèvacances primarily because they were French and to stop everything being run by a faceless American giant, I also think they both offer more protection should things go wrong less risk of a fake listing etc, the article below is obviously in French.

https://www.tourmag.com/Gites-de-France-se-rapproche-de-Clevacances-pour-concurrencer-Airbnb_a94251.html

A google translate of Gites de France Facebook post.

Gites de France and Clévacances enter exclusive negotiations to create the French Giant of the sector, this rapprochement will create a giant with 90 000 accommodation in France.
Read on TourMaG.com an exclusive interview by Jacques Masson, director general of France's gites, by Romain Pommier.

We have previously booked gites through BF, with a ferry 'package', but this year realise that booking accommodation separately with Gites de France and the ferry with BF actually saved us a considerable sum (and we now get a 'free' breakfast each way!).  I heard too many negative comments about Airbnb to risk it, I'm suprised they are a challenge in the gite rental market

When we booked with Clevacances it gave a date when the property was last physically inspected something you would never get with Airbnb, we booked a Gite a couple of years ago now and interestingly it’s no longer available with Gites de France it’s still on Home and Away ,booking . Com , maybe it’s less paperwork for owners to dump Gites de France?