Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Spain Timetable

Hello, 

We usually use the routes to Spain in November but can't see any sailings beyond the first few days of the month this year. 

Does anyone know if more dates will be added in due course for November? 

Last year there were sailings right up to the end of November /beginning of December. 

Many thanks! 

The current thinking, backed up by something said on BF's twitter account, is that the timetables should be available mid - July, so probably early next week.

You can register here to get an email notification when they are released. 

https://response.pure360.com/interface/signup_preload.php?url=https://www.uploadlibrary.com/Brittanyferries/preferenceCentre/signup.html

Ed. 

• Thanks 1

I've just booked part of my autumn trip to to Spain - Outbound at the end of October, to return mid-November. I have had to book it as a single, to be amended to a return when they open the booking horizon.

According to the BF Live-Chat person who was advising me, they will open  the 2018-2019 season on 26 July. But...  I seem to recall that last year, it was possible to make bookings by phone two or three days before they made them available online, and about a week before they sent out the email announcements. So who knows what might happen!

2 hours ago, Halfcrown said:

I've just booked part of my autumn trip to to Spain - Outbound at the end of October, to return mid-November. I have had to book it as a single, to be amended to a return when they open the booking horizon.

According to the BF Live-Chat person who was advising me, they will open  the 2018-2019 season on 26 July. But...  I seem to recall that last year, it was possible to make bookings by phone two or three days before they made them available online, and about a week before they sent out the email announcements. So who knows what might happen!

They have just sent Club members an email to say that they will open bookings to members mid July which is tomorrow or more likely Monday. This is normal and gives a few days for club members to get in early and about the same time as last year.

Spoke to them this morning and was told 25 July or just after.i know I few years ago I booked a few weeks before the crossing came out.told this morning nobody can book until 25 July or just after that date.

4 hours ago, nodwad said:

told this morning nobody can book until 25 July or just after that date.

I suspect that it won’t be simple to do the timetable with the ship changes that are likely once BDS has gone and Honfleur is a distant dream.

Thanks for the replies.  Will keep an eye out for new timetables towards the end of July then.  Admittedly, we usually book later than this so are a bit ahead this year! 

If you go onto BF's freight site it gives return sailings until December 2018 for all of the ships. You may not be able to book (dunno haven't tried) but you can still work out your timetable and be ready to pounce on the day of release.

Edited by jonno

That gives an indication too of when some ships are replacing others due to the winter refits or lay-ups. I noticed for example that ARM is standing at St Malo while PA is doing her New Year cruise. Ed. 

1 hour ago, nodwad said:

Thank you for the info Jonno tried booking but no joy at. 

I think their site may have crashed! I tried booking the Santander/Cork route for July 2019 no joy on U.K., IE, or ES. Went on to my return Portsmouth/Santander Sept 2019 got all through the booking then rejected since my cc expired before the balance due date of July 2019.  Different card all the way to the end then the confirmation page would not load. No confirmation email which is usually almost instantaneous so I may have booked then again I may not have!

• Confused 1

No foot passenger bookings being taken on the Cap Finistere in November between Santander and P'mouth I'm told, which is a little disappointing. 

I've been looking at BF's hotel and ferry packages for Spain 2019, there is no Saturday sailing available from Portsmouth on the 7th of Sept although BDS shows on the standard booking engine.

Sep 2019
<Earlier
Wed04
Thurs05
Fri06
Sat07
Sun08
>Later

Portsmouth to Santander

Local times shown

Type: Cruise
Depart: 1700
Arrive: 1730
No sailing
No sailing

No sailing
No sailing

September 2019

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
DEP ARR S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S M
08:45 14:15             BD             BD             BD             BD    
17:00 17:30           CF             CF             CF             CF      
17:15 18:15     PA             PA             PA             PA