• Not sure where Etretat goes after July
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, David Williams said:

Most of next years timetables are now on the Freight site, so far:-

• Honfleur starts 9th July
  • Baie de Seine continues through year
  • Pelican currently showing until end of March
  • Not sure where Etretat goes after July

My keen interest is in the continuation of the Santander/Cork route. Very notable by its absence from the freight timetables after this year. Connemara is shown on the Cork/Roscoff timetable right through 2019 but not the Spanish route.

No BDS in the Spain schedules after the end of October.

Edit:  But her Le Havre rotation is in the schedules throughout 2019.  I suspect there is a fair bit still to settle down with the published details.

Notwithstanding what I said in the edit above (ie this is very provisional) - my  first impression reading the schedules posted today is that the Connemara experiment is not being sustained past the current schedules to the start of November.

She’s not included in the Cork-Roscoff schedules published on the Irish site either, and Cork-Santander has no sailings past the start of November.

10 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Notwithstanding what I said in the edit above (ie this is very provisional) - my  first impression reading the schedules posted today is that the Connemara experiment is not being sustained past the current schedules to the start of November.

She’s not included in the Cork-Roscoff schedules published on the Irish site either, and Cork-Santander has no sailings past the start of November.

Maybe Connermara will end up in Poole, It looks like possibly Pelican and Etretat are going and BF have stated that the Uk - Spain routes need more capacity.

47 minutes ago, Gareth said:

That might be a consequence of the low freight and passenger volumes that Tarbyonline posted about recently. It's a shame if they don't continue it but equally vindicates the BF decision to not invest in their own crew or register the vessel in France until they were sure it would work, despite the (let's call it) encouragement from the unions. Ed 

19 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

My contact at BF towers here in Roscoff has just confirmed Connemara sailings will be added later...

Chris

Good news. That will give them, as near as makes any difference, 18 months of figures to evaluate this time next year as to whether its viable in the long term or not. Ed. 

39 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

I would be surprised if Etretat was to leave.

I offer as supporting evidence a crossing on the 8th July for the Etretat between Portsmouth and Cherbourg. Maybe a destoring ?

47 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

My contact at BF towers here in Roscoff has just confirmed Connemara sailings will be added later...

Chris

That’s a relief this year was just so relaxing after a very hectic spell in Spain to just sit and read or nap for 24hrs was wonderful. Very smooth crossing and bang on time both ends.

Has anyone spotted any opportunities to do a Plymouth-Spain-Plymouth trip, like the old mini-cruises. There were several in March / November in past years if you hunted closely enough I believe...

28 minutes ago, Penlan said:

The Bretagne is "off the run" for a huge amount of time, is there any significance in that?

Rhys

Pensioners rates, they need to keep her fresh for her busy summer schedule.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

The timetable just supports my comment, as soon as the Normandie takes over on the Le Havre route in July the Etretat goes to Cherbourg and then is no longer seen on the timetables.

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ferry-routes/ferries-france/portsmouth-cherbourg/timetable

However new information may come to light !

David

Edited by David Williams

1 minute ago, David Williams said:

The timetable just supports my comment, as soon as the Normandie takes over on the Le Havre route in July the Etretat goes to Cherbourg and then is no longer seen on the timetables.

However new information may come to light !

David

Meant to delete that , I reckon they are keeping her free incase there’s a delay to Honfluer, hence why Honfluer doesn’t have her premium cabins available yet , it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that that may be the case.

1 minute ago, Cabin-boy said:

Has anyone tried booking Normandie to Le Havre after the 9th July next year to see if they are marketing her as 'Economie' or 'full-fat' BF? Ed. 

I had a go to look at prices & it displayed as a cruise ferry, however the logic from neilcvx makes sense, especially if they limit the number of bookings taken on the Normandie at the moment to the capacity of the Etretat.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tumnus2010 said:

I see MSM keeps her Friday night from Portsmouth slot too 

Was interested to see if that would be the case! But the real truth will be in 2020 timetables (whether they swap or not)

So is Spain going to be down two sailings next season? I wonder if BF are trying to organise a temporary replacement for BDS or an charter extension? I'm guessing using Etretat might be too risky given the knock on effect should Honfleur be delayed? Interesting times...