Sign in to follow this  
Angel

Flexible Pricing

2 hours ago, Manxscorpio said:

As a final note Ferry drink prices are usually on line with 5 star hotel drink prices but BF does allow passengers to bring there own wine/drinks on board whilst most cruise lines don’t 

I find the prices in the bar on BF comparable to our local pub and that is not 5 star.

Edited by Solo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

Price in pub = £4 to £5, depending on where in the country you are.  BF prices are very reasonable.

And think of all the fuel required to lugg all that beer back and forth 100 times before it's drunk :)

• Haha 1

I agree beer prices may be more comparable but I am not really a beer drinker apart from an occasional glass of cider. A nice glass of red wine varies between five and six pounds for a small glass 17.5cl which is more the price for a 25cl glass on terra firma.

Bottles of wine are the same price in the bar as in the restaurant.  Don’t know about self-service but I can’t imagine why it would be different there than in the other places.

Prices on board should be reasonable as  I assume the company buys supplies of alcohol at offshore prices - tax free, duty free, and VAT free.  Is that not so?

I don't think they can legally supply duty-free goods when sailing between ports inside the Customs Union. 

I happened to notice that most of the bottles of spirits for sale in the shop on the Cap Finistere had Spanish excise duty labels on them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Halfcrown said:

I don't think they can legally supply duty-free goods when sailing between ports inside the Customs Union. 

I happened to notice that most of the bottles of spirits for sale in the shop on the Cap Finistere had Spanish excise duty labels on them.

On the Spanish sailings they charge Spanish duty once they leave UK waters I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solo said:

On the Spanish sailings they charge Spanish duty once they leave UK waters I think.

That makes sense of why they say they are not allowed to sell alcohol while the ship is in French waters on a Monday morning