The Ferry Man

Commodore Goodwill

Just seen the Goodwill return from refit, and it looks suspiciously like the old funnel is back! Doesn't look as high as the ine added few years back. Also has been painted orangey yellow at the top.

Quote copied from a Facebook page.  I think the scrubbers were removed or something if I recall another post somewhere.  I do not know why they have painted the funnel tip orange, it would look better pink to go with the rest of the colour scheme.

~ 04-08-2018 : the Commodore Goodwill at Saint-Malo 🙂

Here is the work done on this vessel during her recent refit at Falmouth, according to Carol Biggs (Customer Relations Consultant - Condor Ferries United Kingdom) :

"Whilst Goodwill was in Falmouth in June and July for her annual check, a previous modification was removed from her funnel, so it is now back to its smaller, original size. We also took the opportunity to paint the funnel and other maintenance work on the ship included rewiring, repairs to her port drive shaft and propeller, calibrating and testing controls along with cleaning the hull."

I think maybe the funnel top being orange is related to the logo - the pink ribbon is at the top at the front (bridge roof) whilst further along the orange ribbon is on top (funnel).