kendl

Industrial action on Normandie

Just had a phone call from my partner that she is on the Normandie and they have announced that the sailing has been delayed because of industrial action on board. I think it's on the loading decks.

Edited by kendl

Rather amazing timing! Hopefully just a short delay and not much of a knock-on... but at this time of year that is the last thing BF need isn't it!

i reckon port workers have got onboard and put themselves up cars and trucks so they are slowing down to give them time to get them out

it sounds like something they would do

12 hours ago, Aiden said:

i reckon port workers have got onboard and put themselves up cars and trucks so they are slowing down to give them time to get them out

it sounds like something they would do

Such speculation isn't helpful. 

• Like 4

I am told the problem was with the engineroom crew going on strike.  The Normandie sailed about 6pm French time. As an aside the poor girl didn't home till about 3.30am this morning.

Edited by kendl

Could have been a lot better if they had sailed on time and not disrupted freight & passenger onward arrangements. Striking at the drop of a hat like that to cause maximum disruption to innocent parties is never acceptable.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cvabishop said:

Could have been a lot better if they had sailed on time and not disrupted freight & passenger onward arrangements. Striking at the drop of a hat like that to cause maximum disruption to innocent parties is never acceptable.

Indeed- and naturally. But think about the possible knock-on effects if it were for longer. Let's all hope this is the end of it and not the beginning!

• Like 1

Yes, I suppose you are right - they might have chosen to open the seacocks and ground the ship..... Or even set fire to tyres on the car deck. We must be grateful.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1