Khaines

BF Refits 2018-19

40 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

'Bretagne' has been chartered for the start of the Route du Rhum as her sailing on November 4th has been cancelled, but Pont-Aven is a possibility. There's been no mention of the Normandie Express being chartered but I expect she will be just like last time.

Bretagne is doing Roscoff-Cork that weekend to free up PA for the event. So we'll see if Bretagne rejoins the party on Sunday afternoon. Ed. 

• Like 1

I believe that like last time Bretagne boards her guests at Roscoff and hightails it to St Malo, arriving just in time for the start then follows the fleet as far as Roscoff to disembark and return to service. Bearing in mind that if the wind is 10 knots or more, from approx 330 degrees round to 210 degrees the "Ultime" trimarans could be averaging between 30 and 35 knots, and even the IMOCA 60s and Multi 50s could be averaging over 20 knots, the old lady may be well off the front of the fleet!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, colin said:

I believe that like last time Bretagne boards her guests at Roscoff and hightails it to St Malo, arriving just in time for the start then follows the fleet as far as Roscoff to disembark and return to service. Bearing in mind that if the wind is 10 knots or more, from approx 330 degrees round to 210 degrees the "Ultime" trimarans could be averaging between 30 and 35 knots, and even the IMOCA 60s and Multi 50s could be averaging over 20 knots, the old lady may be well off the front of the fleet!

I know, but she'll get them there, bless her😁👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paully said:

I know, but she'll get them there, bless her😁👍

She certainly got going last night following her delayed departure from Portsmouth!

• Like 2

'Normandie Express' is now back in the water, alongside the cruise terminal in Cherbourg. She's due to depart early Saturday morning bound for lay-up in the Darse de l' Océan, Le Havre, arriving at 11:30.

'Normandie Express' is currently out and about off the Port of Cherbourg, making a shark shape on AIS. Tomorrow she heads to Le Havre, arriving at 1700 local time.

Capture.JPG

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Like 1

'Normandie Express' is now alongside in Darse de l' Océan in Le Havre for lay-up. However, she will depart again on November 2nd heading to Cherbourg in preparation for the Route du Rhum Yacht Race off St Malo which starts on November 4th. 'Normandie Express' leaves Le Havre at 14:30 on November 2nd.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

UPDATE: The following vessels in the Brittany Ferries Fleet have been confirmed to be going for Refit/Annual Maintenance during the winter season this year:

Armorique - Unknown
Baie de Seine - Unknown
Cap Finistere - Astander Drydock No.2 (Unconfirmed)
Normandie - Unknown
Pont Aven - Astander Drydock No.2 (November 2018)

This is interesting about the work done on NEX

https://www.hampshirechronicle.co.uk/news/business/16990969.sms-carries-out-the-work-on-normandie-express-in-cherbourg/

The work included structural aluminium repairs, and repairs to the vessel’s under-hull planking and jet room.

Sea valves were overhauled, and craft’s main engine coolers and lube oil pumps were changed.

Other work included fire-main repairs and replacements as well as insulation repairs and replacements.

Armorique - Gdansk (November 2018)
Baie de Seine - Gdansk (Rumoured - Unconfirmed)
Barfleur - Cherbourg (Annual Maintenance)
Bretagne - Le Havre (Annual Maintenance)
Cap Finistere - Astander Drydock No.2 
Normandie - Gdansk (Rumoured - Unconfirmed)
Pont Aven - Astander Drydock No.2 (November 2018)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

Surprised about PA.  That will be a first for her, being overhauled at Astander.

She needs a good bit refurb the Deluxe cabin we had in March was needing a good going over , hopefully Armorique will get some serious work done too.

2 hours ago, Gareth said:

Surprised about PA.  That will be a first for her, being overhauled at Astander.

'Pont-Aven' will arrive in Santander on November 7th, moving to Astander possibly the following day after the removal of some safety equipment.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

3 hours ago, Gareth said:

Was of the understanding she was too wide for the dry dock in Astander (32m versus 31m doesn’t give much room) so presumably is just for a ‘wet dock’? 

36 minutes ago, Andy said:

Was of the understanding she was too wide for the dry dock in Astander (32m versus 31m doesn’t give much room) so presumably is just for a ‘wet dock’? 

Possibly, but I've had it confirmed by one of the harbour pilots in Santander.

2 hours ago, Andy said:

I was of the understanding that she's too long for either of their docks too.

8 hours ago, Tumnus2010 said:

They've had Cap out of the water there and she's longer than Pont?

Sorry I meant their wet docks.

11 hours ago, Andy said:

Yes, that was my understanding.  Length is not an issue (the drydock at Astander has accommodated both CF and BDS, both of which are a lot longer than Pont Aven), but beam is.  I agree, if she is going to Astander it can’t be for dry docking.

Good spot George.  She’s obviously not going to bother with a Cherbourg call and will de-store in Le Havre before her winter lay-up.

Another interesting addition to the timetables is that Armorique is down for a couple of Portsmouth-St Malo round trips over the New Year, before taking on relief duties at Ouistreham.

• Like 1