Khaines

BF Refits 2018-19

8 minutes ago, Aiden said:

Bf said to me that barfluer is going into drydock so your list might Be wrong

Barfleur is only off for 5 days, not enough time to dry dock her. Armorique is covering those 5 days.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

On 13/11/2018 at 14:54, TonyMWeaver said:
Brittany Ferries 'Armorique' in the floating dry dock in Gdansk, Poland. She will emerge from her refit with a new logo next month. - (Tony)

Photo: @portcentralny on Instagram

1.JPG

She looks pretty clean before painting, has she been sprayed/washed already do you think?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BF Enthusiast said:

It would be nice if BF share photos this year of some of the works carried out. 🤞

They don't have anyone there apart from some crew, some of them do send photos across but it's rare these days. 

• Sad 1

What work are Armorique and Pont getting done ? Logos are all very well but improvements to cabin bathrooms, carpets are far more important for customers.

Good question.  Both are at the yard for a good while - far longer than would be normal for a routIne refit.  Both are out of action for the best part of a month.

I'm on PA out at the end of December (commodore cabin during the day) and back overnight (standard 4-berth) in early January so will try to see what might have changed if no photos are forthcoming in the meantime. Ed. 

I should get some photos this week, from both ships. However, here is 'Pont-Aven' in Dry Dock No.2 not long after it was drained.

Photo thanks to Adrian Saez Pelayo

46479844_2408901915791871_3656780987410415616_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I would imagine like most refits, new carpets, equipment, upholstery, cabin refurbishments and the usual engine maintenance etc. Interior photos seem to be hard to come by at the moment but I think people have been more interested in the new livery than the refits.

2 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

I would imagine like most refits, new carpets, equipment, upholstery, cabin refurbishments and the usual engine maintenance etc. Interior photos seem to be hard to come by at the moment but I think people have been more interested in the new livery than the refits.

I will be most interested to see the new logo on the shower curtains. That is of utmost importance.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hf_uk said:

I will be most interested to see the new logo on the shower curtains. That is of utmost importance.

and the toilet rolls, soap, towels, bed sheets. I'm waiting for a mug!

12 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

I'm waiting for a mug!

You could make your own. Copy the logo from your scan above, go to any photo-gift website, paste the image and add the cheesy slogan of your choice or a photo of your favourite ship and pay. Ed. 

13 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

You could make your own. Copy the logo from your scan above, go to any photo-gift website, paste the image and add the cheesy slogan of your choice or a photo of your favourite ship and pay. Ed. 

Good point, will have to ask permission though.

Armorique is now out of dry dock, and is afloat again alongside at the Rematowa yard.  She returns to service a week today (with a short spell deputising for Barfleur at Poole).   So she will probably begin the voyage back from Gdansk, probably to Cherbourg to re-store before re-entering service there, early next week.

Meanwhile, Pont Aven is due to re-enter service on Thursday, with a one-off departure from Santander before taking over from Bretagne.  Pont Aven will presumably re-store at Santander, so I'd imagine she will be away from the yard by Wednesday at the latest.

Apart from Barfleur's quick spruce-up (which I'm assuming will take place in Cherbourg) and Bretagne's winter lay-up in Le Havre, that will complete the pre-Christmas part of BF's winter refit programme.

32 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Armorique is now out of dry dock, and is afloat again alongside at the Rematowa yard.  She returns to service a week today (with a short spell deputising for Barfleur at Poole).   So she will probably begin the voyage back from Gdansk, probably to Cherbourg to re-store before re-entering service there, early next week.

Straight to Cherbourg from Gdansk, so I expect 'Armorique' will depart Poland no later than Tuesday (4th). 'Pont-Aven' will indeed re-store in Santander alongside the terminal, she also has some safety equipment to be put back on board.

'Pont-Aven' is currently listed to leave Astander this coming Thursday (6th December) at 15:00 local time heading straight for the terminal for her 19:15 departure to Portsmouth.