Khaines

BF Refits 2018-19

On 04/03/2019 at 21:02, Gareth said:

I see CF is still in dry dock.  Tony, does this mean there was a delay caused by more than just the weather?  Or was the info about her coming out yesterday perhaps not quite right in the first place?  (Seems early to come out when her return to service is not for another 8 days yet).

I should know more tomorrow (Wednesday), but I was told her delay leaving the DD was due to lack of space to put her, not weather related. However, looking at the port schedule, it looks like she may stay at Astander until March 12th with re-storing done there then put straight back into service (Unconfirmed).

Note: I should have said before, she was only due to leave the DD, not the shipyard.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

I've just been informed that 'Cap Finistere' will leave Astander today at 16:30 local time for sea trials then will head back to the port, staying until she returns to service on March 12th.

3 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

I've just been informed that 'Cap Finistere' will leave Astander today at 16:30 local time for sea trials then will head back to the port, staying until she returns to service on March 12th.

Info from Santander Pilots

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Departure from shipyard now cancelled until tomorrow, looks like a 18:00 departure going by the tide times

Capture.JPG

Edited by TonyMWeaver

'Bretagne' seen in Le Havre recently, it's confirmed that 'Normandie Express' will not get her new livery before the 2019 Summer Season.

'Bretagne' is scheduled to leave Le Havre on March 25th at 14:00 bound for St Malo, with 'Normandie Express' scheduled to leave on May 1st at 09:00 bound for Cherbourg.

Capture.JPG

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

'Bretagne' seen in Le Havre recently, it's confirmed that 'Normandie Express' will not get her new livery before the 2019 Summer Season.

'Bretagne' is scheduled to leave Le Havre on March 25th at 14:00 bound for St Malo, with 'Normandie Express' scheduled to leave on May 1st at 09:00 bound for Cherbourg.

Capture.JPG

i love the new logo but on her maybe they should had waited till she got a full paint job as in the middle of her you can tell where they have added new white paint.

just looks a bit odd as the middle of her looks whiter then the rest of her.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

It does rather look like someone has just hung a banner down her side for now. I can't quite understand why they either didn't do all the superstructure above the waterline given they had the time or waited a year as with NEX. Ed. 

• Like 1

Wikipedia describes the new logo as “The new design, which comes with a more modern, warm and lyrical typeface “  Warm and Lyrical Typeface !!!!!  I wonder who wrote that.

That paint job looks unreal, never mind the rust near the bow, just add the Lyrical Logo   But perhaps I have, to quote BF an "entrenched way of thinking" that needs changing.

Perhaps that photo is fake news, maybe it. won't really look that bad.  

• Confused 1

I've been told I have a warm & lyrical type of face. 

...It's usually said after copious amounts of wine just before Shania Twain appears singing Man! I feel like a woman. 😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

It does rather look like someone has just hung a banner down her side for now. I can't quite understand why they either didn't do all the superstructure above the waterline given they had the time or waited a year as with NEX. Ed. 

Too busy cleaning the cabins 😉

• Haha 4

Looks like Cap Finistere is about to come out of dry dock.  Four tugs in attendance at the entrance to the dock.

No sea trials - straight to the BF berth.

24 hours to re-store then back into service on Tuesday morning with the 1030 departure to Portsmouth.

BDS had her AIS switched off 6 days ago, so difficult to tell where we have got to with her.  Tony, do you happen to know whether she has gone into the floating dock yet?

7 minutes ago, Gareth said:

BDS had her AIS switched off 6 days ago, so difficult to tell where we have got to with her.  Tony, do you happen to know whether she has gone into the floating dock yet?

No idea, I'm going to guess she is in DD. I should have some photos sometime this week.

Bad weather has cancelled Cap's return to service tomorrow... we'll have to wait until Friday (at present) to see her new colours in the flesh!

• Thanks 1

Thanks Andy.  Presumably (assuming Thursday’s departure goes ahead) she will nip across to Bilbao (rather than have Thursday’s sailing diverted to leaving from Santander) (?).

10 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Thanks Andy.  Presumably (assuming Thursday’s departure goes ahead) she will nip across to Bilbao (rather than have Thursday’s sailing diverted to leaving from Santander) (?).

Storm Gareth, we should have guessed. Fame at last eh?😀

• Haha 2

'Cap Finistere' alongside in Santander, preparing to re-enter service. Image thanks to Juan Jose Ramos Alonso.

53607344_1125314204308475_3701478162304073728_o.jpg

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Like 3

Storm? What storm! Looks like a beautiful summer day!  I would still be expecting Cap Finistere to relocate to Bilbao before re-entry into service.

3 hours ago, Gareth said:

Storm? What storm! Looks like a beautiful summer day!  I would still be expecting Cap Finistere to relocate to Bilbao before re-entry into service.

Moving to Bilbao on Wednesday morning at 0700 apparently.