Khaines

BF Refits 2018-19

According to the Le Havre schedule, 'Bretagne' is due to leave Darse de l'Ocean tomorrow (Friday 15th March) at 07:30 local time but looks to be just a move to the Bougainville Quay at the Ocean Terminal.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

According to the Le Havre schedule, 'Bretagne' is due to leave Darse de l'Ocean tomorrow (Friday 15th March) at 07:30 local time.

Update: A contact on board says 'Bretagne' is staying where she is for the time being but is being turned around on Friday morning.

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Update: A contact on board says 'Bretagne' is staying where she is for the time being but is being turned around on Friday morning.

Are they going to finish painting her?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tumnus2010 said:

Are they going to finish painting her?

Good question, it certainly could be one reason why they are turning her on Friday morning. My contact on board returns to the ship next week so I'll hopefully have photos.

• Thanks 2

It would make sense. They've got another week before they need to get her moving to return to service so, unless it's to service her lifeboats or some other equipment, the painting theory seems the most likely. Fingers crossed! Ed. 

• Like 1

BDS is definitely in dry dock because another ferry now occupies the berth where BDS was before her AIS was switched off.

12 minutes ago, Gareth said:

BDS is definitely in dry dock because another ferry now occupies the berth where BDS was before her AIS was switched off.

Due to her length, I think No 5 or 6. Does Remontowa have traditional dry docks, I thought they were all floating?

842428111_Remontowadocks.thumb.jpg.4679cfbec48e44c02be3ff4324c72969.jpg

1197221924_Remontowayardmap..thumb.jpg.27a217d85bcd1ba4f730952429795311.jpg

Edited by jonno

As I said this morning, I think the longer, lower lines of CF make the logo seem more appropriate. There is perhaps less space above and below it to confuse the eye. Plus CF is almost symmetrical fifty-odd metres fore and aft of the lifeboats which means the whole look is more cohesive. Ed. 

• Like 1

Photos I took from the Round Tower of the Normandie leaving Portsmouth while Cap Finistere arrives sporting her new colours. The weather was not good but I persevered.

_MG_5914.jpg

_MG_5920.jpg

_MG_5927.jpg

_MG_5932.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Well, the Cap doesn't look bad at all. The addition of blue to the funnel and stern look good. At this stage, the order of how well the livery fits with the design from best to worst in my opinion goes: Armorique, Normandie, Cap, Pont-Aven, Bretagne.

Blue striping always previously tended to be applied to the windows of passenger areas, so personally I would have preferred Cap's stripe to be one deck lower, but hey ho. 

Finally, anyone else find it unusual that they painted the bridge white on Cap but kept it blue on Normandie?

On 15/03/2019 at 10:14, Gareth said:

Yes, they’re all floating.  I think BDS is in D5.

All the others are taken up, BdS must be in D5. I looks like 'Bretagne' is going to be turned again on Monday afternoon at 16:00

'Cap Finistere' outbound from Portsmouth on Wednesday - The livery definitely suits this ship the best. 'Bretagne' (which we have already seen) returns to Portsmouth next Wednesday morning (27th March). 'Normandie Express' will be next to get the livery which will be applied after her summer season, most likely while she's on the Syncrolift in Cherbourg.

CF Cover3.jpg

• Thanks 1