Jump to content
Khaines

BF Refits 2018-19

Recommended Posts

Armorique is Gdansk bound now, passing through the channel past Le Havre. Also noticed that Pont has stopped mid crossing,  seems a bit of an odd place to pause?

Etretat, MSM, Normandie, Barfleur Armorique and Clipper also visible in this shot.

Screenshot_20181106-041656_MarineTraffic.jpg

Edited by Tumnus2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest edition of Voyage magazine implies that Armorique and Pont Aven will emerge from refit in a new livery.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2018 at 17:42, Jim said:

The latest edition of Voyage magazine implies that Armorique and Pont Aven will emerge from refit in a new livery.

They can’t do that to Pont Aven unless she’s in a dry dock.

More than an implication.

 

Edited by neilcvx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don`t think they might do a new Red Funnel type logo on her do you..Sort of put a line through `Brittany` and write `Green` above it ??🤣🤣

 

Alright I`ll get me coat

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Armorique is just entering Gdansk harbour now, for her refit.

Not sure (Tony will know), but is this Armorique's first visit to Poland?  I think it might be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, neilcvx said:

They can’t do that to Pont Aven unless she’s in a dry dock.

More than an implication.

 

(I have to raise a little smile at this... that's me asking the question!)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jim said:

(I have to raise a little smile at this... that's me asking the question!)

My Twitter name isn’t so covert 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, neilcvx said:

My Twitter name isn’t so covert 😉

Mines not so covert if you know the background ;)

Anyway, I guess we'll soon see what the new brand is... It'll also be interesting to see when all sorts of branded materials catch up too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well....your question is answered Jonno.  Pont Aven is now snugly inside the No 2 drydock at Astander.  So....she fits!

(Which rather begs the question of why Astander couldn't have dealt with her scrubber installation.....oh yes, I worked it out - Astander always dealt with scrubber installation by cutting bits of funnel off, not by building big new ones - and Pont Aven hardly had a funnel to cut bits off.  How times change!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Well....your question is answered Jonno.  Pont Aven is now snugly inside the No 2 drydock at Astander.  So....she fits!

(Which rather begs the question of why Astander couldn't have dealt with her scrubber installation.....oh yes, I worked it out - Astander always dealt with scrubber installation by cutting bits of funnel off, not by building big new ones - and Pont Aven hardly had a funnel to cut bits off.  How times change!)

So I was right after all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gareth said:

You’re always right Tony! 😉

Well, my pilot buddy was. I can't take all the credit. Must have been a squeeze to fit her into No.2

As for 'Armorique' @Gareth, I think this is a first for Gdansk.

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Refit Update: 

Armorique - Gdansk (8th Nov - 4th Dec 2018)
Baie de Seine - Santander (March 2019)
Barfleur - Cherbourg (Annual Maintenance)
Bretagne - Le Havre (Annual Maintenance)
Cap Finistere - Astander No.2 (February 2019)
Normandie - Gdansk (Rumoured - Unconfirmed)
Pont Aven - Astander (8th Nov - 5th Dec 2018)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brittany Ferries 'Armorique' in the floating dry dock in Gdansk, Poland. She will emerge from her refit with a new logo next month. - (Tony)
 
Photo: @portcentralny on Instagram

1.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 20:54, TonyMWeaver said:

Refit Update: 

Armorique - Gdansk (8th Nov - 4th Dec 2018)
Baie de Seine - Santander (March 2019)
Barfleur - Cherbourg (Annual Maintenance)
Bretagne - Le Havre (Annual Maintenance)
Cap Finistere - Astander No.2 (February 2019)
Normandie - Gdansk (Rumoured - Unconfirmed)
Pont Aven - Astander (8th Nov - 5th Dec 2018)

Bf said to me that barfluer is going into drydock so your list might Be wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...