Sign in to follow this  
Tumnus2010

Van hire

A friend of mine has bought a place near Limoges and wants to move their furniture from Yorkshire down there. We've had a look at self drive options but it seems difficult to hire anything bigger than a standard transit to take abroad. Ideally he needs a Luton sized van.  Has anyone got any tips or ideas from your own experiences?

Thanks.

There is a few self drive hire i.e. Way to go and a few others but they are not cheap when you work out all of the prices and costs i.e. Ferry,tolls .fuel etc.it may well be better for him to book a person with a van to do the job for you.good luck

• Thanks 1

It depends on how much your friend want to ship, there are a number of firms that consolidate shipments.

The other option is to use the move as an excuse to start again and only take a few sentimental pieces.

Just another point he should have no bother to hire a Luton or even a bigger van .just type in self drive for European use and there will be two or three at least will pop up.again I think he could find it cheaper by booking a man with a van to do his job for him ,then it is hassle free.look in costa news,euro weekly,round town news.and he will find some adds in them papers.