Jump to content
Stripey

Chances of no shows?

Recommended Posts

Hi all, wondering if some of you seasoned BF users can offer some advice on my situation.

I have a booking from Caen in a week’s time. We are currently in southern Spain and although we came out to Santander, I couldn’t get the booking I wanted back from Spain, so in the end we decided to drive through France and booked it.

Is it ever worth it to turn up to Bilbao/Santander on the off chance that there are no-shows? It would be a pretty big gamble I think as I would need to be halfway up France at that point to make my crossing. Hence I might give it a bash if there are always no-shows but if it’s once in a blue moon it changes the approach.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't you contact bf and ask them to check I'd there is any space left on ferry.i have done this a few times and it has up to now worked out for me.or just keep going onto web site two/ three times a day and checking yourself to see if anyone has pulled out at last minute.this has also worked out for me a few times also.i used to drive through France all of the time but I give all of that up ,a very long drive and the wife was not the best passenger either.good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks nodwad, already spoke with BF who advised crossings are full, also checking the online portal and this confirms the same.

I will keep an eye out, I think below 2 weeks you lose all monies if you cancel so people might not bother to cancel if they don’t intend to show at this point. Hence only real way of knowing if there is space might be to be there on the day.

S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late canx might mean a 0% refund - but if someone  wants to claim the cost off their cancellation insurance, then they will need to proove to the insurer that they have been changed the 100% fee. I’d say keep checking until the minute you absolutely have to decide whether you turn off towards Santander/Bilbao or carry on into France.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/08/2018 at 07:39, Halfcrown said:

Late canx might mean a 0% refund - but if someone  wants to claim the cost off their cancellation insurance, then they will need to proove to the insurer that they have been changed the 100% fee. I’d say keep checking until the minute you absolutely have to decide whether you turn off towards Santander/Bilbao or carry on into France.

I agree with halfcrown,that will be the best way to go about things.good luck and have a safe trip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/08/2018 at 07:39, Halfcrown said:

Late canx might mean a 0% refund - but if someone  wants to claim the cost off their cancellation insurance, then they will need to proove to the insurer that they have been changed the 100% fee. I’d say keep checking until the minute you absolutely have to decide whether you turn off towards Santander/Bilbao or carry on into France.

I think the best course may not be to cancel but to move your booking in France by one day so that you drive up to Santander on the day you hope to sail. If you do not get on board move on into France and get the rearranged booking. If ok to go move the next day booking either online or by phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...