Sign in to follow this  
kenw

Paris La Défense - bus terminal Jules Verne?

Dear all

A long way off course (!) but I'm hoping someone here may know.

What's the connection from the Jules Verne terminal to the Metro? Haven't been to La Défense by Metro for years and never used the bus station. But we will have bags, and I'm not good with stairs. (Ligne 1 takes us directly to Gare de Lyon, from where we take the TGV to Marseille).

On the day we are travelling, there are no direct trains from Cherbourg & Caen to Paris - unspecified "travaux" to blame. The alternative route is via Le Mans – about double the journey time! So considering Ouibus as an easier alternative.

TIA

Ken

Here is an alternative link to a plan of Terminal Jules Verne, showing the elevator down into the railway interchange:
https://www.ladefense.fr/en/terminal-jules-verne

btw, you'd probably find RER A to be faster than Ligne 1 ( but much less attractive, to me).

If you have lots of time consider continuing by bus: 73 until its terminus Musee d’Orsay, then 24 to Gare de Lyon.  [Neither run on Sundays.]  In my experience on other routes in Paris, this has been easier and more relaxed than the metro; that has included when travelling with someone less mobile and with suitcases.  Less walking, understanding people, more interesting. Your particular journey would be considerably quicker by Ligne 1 or RER A though, as both are direct.

Thanks, guys

I've been gazing at the plan of Jules Verne for a couple of days and am still none the wiser – yes there are lifts, and the legend refers to both the Metro and RER. But what / where / how does one connect to the other? That's what I was trying to work out.

Curiously, after a couple of email exchanges with SNCF Relation Clients, the relevant web page updated to show a couple of alternatives via Rouen - just time to grab a coffee as we change trains.

But I can't imagine local business users who go to Paris regularly for meetings will be happy – the date in question is a Thursday!

Thanks again

Ken