Scooby

Pont Aven Portsmouth-Santander July 2019 Cheapest time to book?

Hi, This forum really helped me with choosing cabins for our Pont Aven, Portsmouth-Santander, trip this May. Thanks.

I’ve never really booked a long time in advance before, does anyone have any experience on the cheapest time of year to buy tickets for the following Summer (July)?

Looking for the same journey, for 2 cabins.

Is it worth booking now, or are there certain times of the year/months before travel when they are definitely cheaper?

Any wisdom gratefully received!

Thanks

I would say the earlier you book the better chance you have of getting the sailings you want and with hopefully a greater choice of cabin availability. I don't know if they will be cheaper at any point although I have my doubts

Thanks for taking the tine to reply.Yep i wondered if there was a key time to book, like with car insurance or flights etc-that everyone else knows about, apart from me!! 😉

I don’t think BF operate the same demand model as say Easyjet or Ryanair. They a relative fixed capacity with a very defined schedule year on year. We always book as soon as the next year is released. We have occasionally had reason to check back or make changes and have not found our chosen dates any cheaper.

The key for us is a demand for a 2 berth outside cabin, at the time of year we choose to travel (mid July north from Spain, early September south). These fill quickly so we book early and often when we look back there ar often no cabins left. You will have read about the impossibility of getting pet cabins at any time. It seems to me that bargin travel is when most people don’t want to go. Say mid November north and March south. Always outside school holidays of course.

2 minutes ago, JohnMustow said:

I don’t think BF operate the same demand model as say Easyjet or Ryanair. They a relative fixed capacity with a very defined schedule year on year. We always book as soon as the next year is released. We have occasionally had reason to check back or make changes and have not found our chosen dates any cheaper.

The key for us is a demand for a 2 berth outside cabin, at the time of year we choose to travel (mid July north from Spain, early September south). These fill quickly so we book early and often when we look back there are often no cabins left. You will have read about the impossibility of getting pet cabins at any time. It seems to me that bargin travel is when most people don’t want to go. Say mid November north and March south. Always outside school holidays of course.