ragebe

Dog Exercise Area - Poole

Hello all

First post for me. Does anybody know if there are exercise areas for dogs at the terminal at Poole? loading the dogs in the car at 0530 and not letting them out until 1045 GMT might be stressful on their toilet needs. I won't be feeding them before departure but suspect they'll still have urges.

Never sailed from Poole but other ferry ports have no dog exercise areas,we give our dog a very good walk before we get to ferry port so he has cleaned himself.then at ferry port just walk around to let him cock his leg a few times.hope this helps

Thaks for the reply nodwad. I've tweeted to BF since writing here and the response is no specific area, as with say, Eurotunnel. It's perhaps unfortunate I'm so close to Poole, as I'll be putting the dogs in the car, then arriving shortly after. I'm going to leave 10 minutes earlier than planned, stop at a local park and see if that works for them.

Edited by ragebe
typo

Ahhh, crossed posts.

There are a couple of grass patches , that is about it, at the port entrance, but there is a no fouling sign there.  Apart from that, all concrete and traffic areas.  My suggestion would be to allow and extra 30 minutes before going to the port to take them to a local park.  Baiter is a big dog walking area, that is nearby.  

Edited by Khaines