Jump to content
martijon

St Faith

Recommended Posts

If you look at the port side, the windows covered are in a slightly different place and gives a somewhat unbalanced look - the starboard side looks better as they are more centrally lined with the panels on the mezz deck level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well there used to be 5 ships on fishbourne to Pompey now there is 3 in times of refit and breakdown ....chaos but at least red funnel will have an extra boat soon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like St Faith not be tended to so much. Clare is getting her painting done this week with primer/rust treatment being applied to bad areas. Thought Cecilia would be used maximum and Faith could have been done at the Harbour pier as well because once she gone Faith won't get much chance as will be needed weekday mornings. On my weekends off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering where the Wight Sun fits into future plans - only 3 ships timetabled for the whole of 2019, no room for her on the Lymington route; perhaps they will use her on busy weekends on an unpublished timetable as 4th boat and then to cover breakdowns or surveys etc.  Or perhaps they will keep her at Lymington to cover the Wight Sky next time her engine catches fire!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

St Faith short comings were high lighted today. With 1 deck she now has levelling issues. She loaded today with a flat load but was unable to take an artic as even though space the deck officer was not happy to have the weight on the same side as the deck. She did have an attic the other side plus vans. Why St Cecilia was not on was rather odd as she is more versatile and may as well use her as 2nd boat as long as possible. The artic would have been allowed on her.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think they will keep the removed mezz deck in storage if this doesn’t work out or when they sell her to Delcomar ?

How is the former St Helen coping with 1 deck missing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Simon F said:

Do you think they will keep the removed mezz deck in storage if this doesn’t work out or when they sell her to Delcomar ?

How is the former St Helen coping with 1 deck missing 

What do you mean by keep the removed deck in storage? It's long gone and probably made into razor blades by now, not in storage somewhere.

If you mean to take the remaining deck but decommission it into the "up" storage position permenantly, that doesn't remove the weight of the deck from the vessel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The faith could only hold 92 cars so with a mezzanine deck missing ..prob means only about 76 now ..so mr adicat  we need you to count if you are in the area and let us know .almost the same as a w class which I believe holds a similar amount 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bekkia said:

What do you mean by keep the removed deck in storage? It's long gone and probably made into razor blades by now, not in storage somewhere.

If you mean to take the remaining deck but decommission it into the "up" storage position permenantly, that doesn't remove the weight of the deck from the vessel.

No, they only removed the deck in the last two months. There was possibly nothing mechanically wrong with it unlike St Helen.

I didnt have any question on the remaining deck, pretty obvious really that if you don’t remove it the weight doesn’t magically dissapear !!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Simon F said:

No, they only removed the deck in the last two months. There was possibly nothing mechanically wrong with it unlike St Helen.

I didnt have any question on the remaining deck, pretty obvious really that if you don’t remove it the weight doesn’t magically dissapear !!! 

 

I'm still confused....

You started your post by saying "Do you think they will keep the removed mezz deck in storage..." but I don't understand how they could keep the already removed deck? Please help me understand!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bekkia said:

I'm still confused....

You started your post by saying "Do you think they will keep the removed mezz deck in storage..." but I don't understand how they could keep the already removed deck? Please help me understand!

Back in Falmouth towards the end of 2018 St. Faith went into dry dock, to have her annual bottom scrub and the engineers also removed one of her two mezzanine decks, to provide better future provision for freight, which is the first time they will have planned to removed a mezzanine deck.  My question was - What did they do with the removed mezzanine deck? You answered my question by suggesting I will find it in bits packaged up in most supermarkets and shops selling razor blades.

Second question was about another ship St Helen, but I’ve lost the interest in this now, so don’t worry about that question.

I hope that resolves your confusion, if it doesn’t then move onto another item or thread and we will leave it at that, life’s too short to get hung up on stuff like this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, eagleeye said:

Faith Is the only boat running at the moment as vow has broke down ....

'Victoria of Wight' has been taken off the run due to the strong winds (not a technical issue). 'Wight Sun' has been brought in.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

'Victoria of Wight' has been taken off the run due to the strong winds (not a technical issue). 'Wight Sun' has been brought in.

Interesting about Wight Sun Tony, and I note she is currently on her way to Fishbourne but I thought they were currently limited to wind speed after the recent fires. Today it must be a bit lumpy even in the Solent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, George A'Court said:

Interesting about Wight Sun Tony, and I note she is currently on her way to Fishbourne but I thought they were currently limited to wind speed after the recent fires. Today it must be a bit lumpy even in the Solent.

It is a bit lumpy but the Hovercraft was running up to 13:00 this afternoon. The wind speed is probably worse in the Western Solent crossing from Yarmouth than it is crossing to Fishbourne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wight sun must of been fixed ..she was on trials in the western Solent last week ..it been said Clare is having a new engine fitted but not sure if true 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TonyMWeaver said:

'Victoria of Wight' has been taken off the run due to the strong winds (not a technical issue). 'Wight Sun' has been brought in.

On their website it said a essential piece of equipment was not working lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ferries at Fishbourne running at least an hour late, no explanation, cars everywhere, was booked on 4 o’clock, not a chance of getting on 5 oclock by the looks of it. It’s getting beyond a joke ..more complaints all over social media 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...