• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

St Faith this afternoon at Dunkerque 😃

St Faith at Dunkerque this afternoon 

Perhaps this is the key to the missing extra BF sailungs...

Posted Images

She went up the harbour the other day after finishing at 1015 and then came back to hulk. Maybe ex Brittany Ferries skipper :D

Bit chaotic yesterday as traffic was back passed the University in Cambridge Road and loads of people missing sailings. I guess checking in more cars over 3 sailings means people coming at same time rather than spread out more. 

Also St Faith is now a bit of a pig to load if you don't have the right mix of traffic due to the list. If you have enough freight you get 21 on mezz but if not only 16 allowed.

Edited by adicat
  • 6 months later...
7 hours ago, adicat said:

Good thinking. Who would pick up crew costs if the travel home was more from Dunkerque compared to Falmouth?

Wightlink of course, who else would you expect to pay the costs?, Red Funnel or Falmouth dockyard?.

Simple and cheap option would be to hire a mini bus and take it with them. Probably a lot cheaper than the two taxis Wightlink use to pay to get us down or back to Falmouth 

I'm sure they factor in such costs and, proportional to the maintenance bill, it will be negligible. Condor Liberation is also due for her annual drydocking from early November for a month I believe. I'm fairly certain they tend to use Falmouth too so it may be busy down there right now. Ed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There seems to be a temporary timetable that is temporary of the temporary for Mon-thur. Hourly, so 0620 and 0830 withdrawn. They say to reposition ships, so guess possible reason based on last week's reductions reason, not enough crew to collect Faith and send Wight Sun back to Yarmouth?