martijon

St Faith

And only 8 knots ..destination Southampton so must be something to keep her out of service over xmas and new year as Wight sun is in service during Xmas and new year on Portsmouth route 

Edited by eagleeye

One of the 3 engines on St Faith is knackered, she can't run to service until it's been repaired. I've been told that the tug is there for standby purposes, St Faith can sail home on 2 engines but they are not taking any chances.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

One of the 3 engines on St Faith is knackered, she can't run to service until it's been repaired. I've been told that the tug is there for standby purposes, St Faith can sail home on 2 engines but they are not taking any chances.

What sort of general mechanical condition is Faith in, I wonder? I know she is the newest of the four, but as a regular traveller St Cecilia - some four years older, dating from 1986 - seemed more reliable and less prone to vibration right until the end. As far as I was aware Cecilia was the "highest-mileage" of all four of the Saints as well, surprisingly.

Let's hope VOW does not have one of her "turns" in the next few weeks. Would be P-F 1 x W. L-Y 2 x W

She is still snug in Southampton. Is she waiting for a dry dock? Guessing she won't be back in service until 3rd Feb week as that's when this temp timetable ends.

Which vessel runs the 2200 as their must be a switch at some point? If Faith does both the 2200 and midnight she is 20 hours a day which for an old girl of 30 is more than Clare would if she just did 0245 until 2045. Compared to Faith 0545 until 0145.

Edited by adicat

I believe that the VOW/Clare pulls out after she has unloaded at 2045 once the new night crew are on board, then comes back in after the Faith has unloaded at 2145.  It means the 2200 can sometimes be a few minutes late, but that's soon made up.

52 minutes ago, martijon said:

I believe that the VOW/Clare pulls out after she has unloaded at 2045 once the new night crew are on board, then comes back in after the Faith has unloaded at 2145.  It means the 2200 can sometimes be a few minutes late, but that's soon made up.

Thanks

On 20/01/2020 at 17:19, adicat said:

She is still snug in Southampton. Is she waiting for a dry dock? Guessing she won't be back in service until 3rd Feb week as that's when this temp timetable ends.

Won't get a dry dock in Southampton!

Voith units can be changed while the vessel is still in the water, no need to dry dock. In the case of St Faith, she was in Southampton for so long due to a delay in a replacement unit being delivered. Victoria of Wight is having her annual maintenance/refit in the water, no dry docking required.

Problems with the old girl again today, it would appear.  Both the early morning 3rd diagrams cancelled and at the moment she seems to be moving slowly around the Solent - some sort of trials perhaps?

at the moment she seems to be moving slowly around the Solent - some sort of trials perhaps?

Or self isolating?

• Haha 1

I am not sure if they really need the're extra sailings anyway as seem to cope with the 2 larger vessels.

Posted (edited)

St Faith went out for a jolly this morning

Screenshot_20200415-135713.png

Edited by Em1984
Spelling

St Faith showing as on the linkspan now.  Possibly a return to service in the not too distant future perhaps?

On 18/05/2020 at 12:29, martijon said:

St Faith showing as on the linkspan now.  Possibly a return to service in the not too distant future perhaps?

I would be surprised if she was on 2020 return to service at all. Cannot see demand being more than for an hourly service at best for the rest of the year.

She went into Pompey then fishbourne then Pompey..and the question is did she do a run with traffic.?

It has been confirmed that she is doing freight sailings to back up st Clare whilst vow is out 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, adicat said:

Probably because Clare cannot do high lorries.

I think you are right ..also freight only = minimum crew 

Edited by eagleeye