St Faith

martijon

10 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

One of the 3 engines on St Faith is knackered, she can't run to service until it's been repaired. I've been told that the tug is there for standby purposes, St Faith can sail home on 2 engines but they are not taking any chances.

What sort of general mechanical condition is Faith in, I wonder? I know she is the newest of the four, but as a regular traveller St Cecilia - some four years older, dating from 1986 - seemed more reliable and less prone to vibration right until the end. As far as I was aware Cecilia was the "highest-mileage" of all four of the Saints as well, surprisingly.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Which vessel runs the 2200 as their must be a switch at some point? If Faith does both the 2200 and midnight she is 20 hours a day which for an old girl of 30 is more than Clare would if she just did 0245 until 2045. Compared to Faith 0545 until 0145.

Edited by adicat

I believe that the VOW/Clare pulls out after she has unloaded at 2045 once the new night crew are on board, then comes back in after the Faith has unloaded at 2145.  It means the 2200 can sometimes be a few minutes late, but that's soon made up.

52 minutes ago, martijon said:

I believe that the VOW/Clare pulls out after she has unloaded at 2045 once the new night crew are on board, then comes back in after the Faith has unloaded at 2145.  It means the 2200 can sometimes be a few minutes late, but that's soon made up.

Thanks

On 20/01/2020 at 17:19, adicat said:

She is still snug in Southampton. Is she waiting for a dry dock? Guessing she won't be back in service until 3rd Feb week as that's when this temp timetable ends.

Won't get a dry dock in Southampton!

Voith units can be changed while the vessel is still in the water, no need to dry dock. In the case of St Faith, she was in Southampton for so long due to a delay in a replacement unit being delivered. Victoria of Wight is having her annual maintenance/refit in the water, no dry docking required.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18/05/2020 at 12:29, martijon said:

St Faith showing as on the linkspan now.  Possibly a return to service in the not too distant future perhaps?

I would be surprised if she was on 2020 return to service at all. Cannot see demand being more than for an hourly service at best for the rest of the year.

• 2 weeks later...