Sign in to follow this  
ac_freeman

Car Parking at Fishguard ferry port

Hi All,

Does anybody know about the parking facilities at Fishguard Ferry Port please? From looking at the Stena web site there does indeed seem to be a car park but does anybody have any experience regarding how secure it is and how far it is from the terminal? For the trip that I am planning I would be leaving the car there for 2 nights.

thanks,

Andy

It's not secure as such, or actively monitored (as far as I know) but it's adjacent to the access road which is adjacent to the railway line and the Stena loading area.

The (single) pay and display ticket machine seemed to be causing a bit of confusion and delay when I last parked there in February - the machine is credit card only and a bit temperamental. 

I've never had any real concerns about leaving my car there for up to three nights.

There's more chance of damage leaving it in the Tesco express carpark over the road. The one on the right of terminal entrance roundabout is fine and it's free. 

48 minutes ago, hhvferry said:

Just to confirm, the long stay car park at the port is £4 per 12 hour period.

Yep very true, it's all on Stena's website. The one I was thinking of, The Parrog by the Oceanlab, is now £1.50 a day, it was free when we lived there. Last time I used it was January 2015.

Thanks for the replies, just completed the booking - I will be sailing Fisguard/Rosslare - Rosslare/Cherbourg and return as a "ferry adventure".....I know that the Stena Horizon will be a bit of a "come down" after the Oscar Wilde but the timings work well for ship spotting and I will be sailing on a couple of ferries that I have never sailed on before, I did sail on the Stena Europe many years ago when she was on the Harwich/Hook route but I'm sure that she is now a totally different ship having undergone various changes. I will use the long stay car park, sounds quite easy to find.

Andy

Just in case this is useful for anybody I have booked a night at the Seaview Hotel on the front at Fishguard rather than drive 4 hours home late at night, £45 with a full English breakfast seems good value ( mainly good reviews on TripAdvisor ) and they allow guests free parking if using the ferry ie. if you let them know in advance you can leave you car there while you are away. It does look to be quite a long walk though and a bit bleak if raining but might be useful information for others......I think I will park at the terminal and drive to the hotel to enjoy the bar facilities at the hotel, apparently they keep the bar open for people who arrive on the evening ferry 🙂

Andy

Edited by ac_freeman