Sign in to follow this  
neilcvx

Long term secure parking.

Tried to find out online but can’t see anywhere, the wife and I are doing a cycle tour around St Malo for a few days then spend a couple in St Malo just wondering if anyone one knows if there’s a secure car park to leave the car in for a few days, don’t really want to leave it on the street , cheers Neil.

You might find the railway station car park offers the best solution for several days. It's not covered but may not be overly expensive for 24-hour parking. Colin will probably be able to suggest alternatives or confirm what I've said. Ed. 

St. Malo is difficult for parking - we found an overnight hotel (Hotel Bristol Union) which had limited parking spaces underground which were on a first come basis... when we arrived the car park was full and the guy in reception took our car away to a secure public parking area - don't know where that was as we didn't see the car again until he collected it the following day. Of course all our luggage was still in the vehicle apart from a few valuables which we took out before he took it away......

Yep that’s what our hotel there was like , I don’t mind it being a few miles out of town even as we are cycling about 200 miles so an extra 5 or 10 won’t matter that much.

I think most if not all of the hotels along the Sillon beach front have limited space, the Mercure shares the one behind the Ibis and the Great Western which has good alfresco dining along the beachfront also has similar limited parking. Les Thermes has a lot of valet parking and you get a natty keyring too!

We've used this place a few times with no problems and it's close to the Ibis Styles beyond the walls.

http://www.q-park-resa.fr/en/car-park/saint-malo/saint-vincent-23.html

• Like 1

I think we’re going to stay at the Spa hotel in Dinard as the rooms have a wee kitchenette and a bath plus I might need a massage after all that cycling.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

I think we’re going to stay at the Spa hotel in Dinard as the rooms have a wee kitchenette and a bath plus I might need a massage after all that cycling.

Always looked but never tried, a quick report would be good Neil. La Maison des Armateurs is on the list as well.

ED504D43-55AF-4D35-932B-0A6CDD150E1D.thumb.jpeg.daf63346e14b8371cd508534985bb628.jpegThat looked nice as well, we stayed at the Quic en Groigne  in September it was excellent with underground parking but get a room at the back of the hotel it was very noisy at chucking out time on Friday night / Saturday morning, I will try to remember to do a report on the spa one but 6557BBA8-40C1-493F-9CD2-E1C39ED1CE10.thumb.jpeg.2c3bf62021994aeddc6f9e7b4b7384b8.jpegit’s not until June though so might forget.

Edited by neilcvx
  • Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 15:33, neilcvx said:

That looked nice as well, we stayed at the Quic en Groigne  in September it was excellent with underground parking but get a room at the back of the hotel it was very noisy at chucking out time on Friday night / Saturday morning, I will try to remember to do a report on the spa one but it’s not until June though so might forget.

The same can be said about some of the rooms at the rear of  l'univers as well. 

• Like 1

You can always leave the car at our house in le Minihic sur Rance. Quiet, safe (I often don't lock mine ...), and, if needed, can run you somewhere or pick you up.

• Thanks 1

That would be great Colin we’re sailing out to Ouistreham on the 14th of June getting in at 3pm staying at the Kyriad so could drop it off on the Saturday and just start our cycle from there we’re finishing it on the Wednesday, thanks again will contact you nearer the time.

Unfortunately it's on no help to you, as St Malo doesn't have it - but for anyone else in a similar situation, I've found that Q-Park 24hr car parks have fair rates for longer stay parking.

For city centre stays, it's often cheaper to leave the car in Q Park and stay in a hotel without parking, rather than pay the premium for a central hotel with parking. It was certainly the case for Rouen!

Happy to help. Is it the Kyriad at La Richardais? The road works on the dual carriageway above the barrage on our side are ongoing and a pain in the ass as the turn off to La Richardais etc right by the hotel is closed. They "hope" to gain time on the schedule with currently 5 months advance and with luck the junction should re-open sometime in June 219. watch this space ....

It’s address is “4 rue de la Guymauviere, Saint Malo, 35400”.

We are doing the tour that’s on BFs website cycling it from Saturday and finishing in Saint malo on Wednesday, few days either at the spa in Dinard or the Yelloh campsite on the outskirts of Sain Malo and sailing back on Saturday, any tips for hotels on the route feel free to suggest away ,  the hotel for Saturday night and the ferry home are the only things booked so far.

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/guides/cycling/st-malo-cycle-tour-route

Well after a lot of thought we’ve decided it’s just too expensive an option to do the tour, have another holiday in September and do Vélodyssée next year so we’re heading down to a Yelloh campsite in Brem sur mer which thanks to the loyalty scheme helps get us some free nights when we do the Vélodyssée , thanks again for the offer @colin up for a pint if you’re about 👍🏻

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, colin said:

All you have to do is bring me some Stornoway Black Pudding ….

I’m sure I could manage that 😉

• Like 1