Sign in to follow this  
Geezer

Pont Aven, Cork.

I've been reading a few reviews on Tripadvisor about PA starting to show her age, I know 15 is not really old for a ship and that she's due in soon for some work, pehaps a refit ? not too sure. 2017 was my last sailing on her and I will sail again in July next year. Are any of the newbuilds intended to replace her on the Cork/Roscoff route ? personally I love the PA and always look forward to my trips but it was just a question to throw out there.

Edited by Geezer

9 minutes ago, Geezer said:

I've been reading a few reviews on Tripadvisor about PA starting to show her age, I know 15 is not really old for a ship and that she's due in soon for some work, pehaps a refit ? not too sure. 2017 was my last sailing on her and I will sail again in July next year. Are any of the newbuilds intended to replace her on the Cork/Roscoff route ? personally I love the PA and always look forward to my trips but it was just a question to throw out there.

According to the BF refits 2019 thread, elsewhere on here PA is one of the ships due for a dockyard refit at some point this coming winter. I understand she might have some engine problems that need attending to, so her refit might be sooner rather than later..But I`m sure she`;; be spick and span for next July..Enjoy

I have travelled on PA  three times this year & I would not fault her condition. What people are maybe talking about are small items that are not attended to - such as lights not working in the cabins or cabins not being properly cleaned  but that is an operational matter with the cleaning staff.   I can't understand why BF dont leave " fault cards" in the cabins so staff can be aware of issues when they come to clean the cabins. On busy sailings they obviously can miss things & this can annoy the next occupant who may post a bad review

I found her deluxe cabin was showing a good bit wear and tear , bathroom especially the sink was in a very poor stare especially, generally though she’s in good nick , new carpets and reupholstered sofas would be of benefit too.

Traveled Roscoff to Cork a few weeks back on Pont Aven and as I was on board early I was able to have a good look around. I think she's in good nick. Cant speak for any other cabins but the 4 berth outside one we had was very clean with little signs of wear and tear.  

Edited by ccs147